No announcement yet.

Ideas to lose weight and look stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres a pic of my engine. The next time I have it out I will take a picture with my camera instead of my phone
    Attached Files

Comment

I will definitely be taking the spare tire and jack out next time. I like the manual seat idea, I will have to look in to that. All you would need is the track assembly not the whole seat correct? Its a Signature so that must mean it has the aluminum hood and bumpers

Comment

yea, them power seats weigh a ton

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Signatures are the heaviest model. Lots of noise insulation. If you start pulling panels off you'll find bags of cotton candy looking junk. Toss those to drop a bit of weight, though the car will be louder.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

hey we have the same exact exhaust lol, other than the tail pipe part. I just have turn downs.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
            Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 87mark7lsc View Post
              Thanks guys these are a lot of good ideas, but the big thing for me is keeping as many things original and original looking as possible. I have already removed the smog pump. I want to keep the AC, but I was wondering if the inside of the compressor can be taken apart and hollowed out just keeping the case and the pulley. I never use AC in any of my vehicles anyways. I'm using FRPP 1 5/8 headers, BBK offroad h pipe with SLP Loudmouth 1 mufflers and Mustang LX style tails. This track has horrible traction. At the local 1/4 mile track my Mark VII ran .4 quicker in the 1/8th than I have ever ran at this track.
              If you are looking to have it original looking as possible (even though headers and the sound are a dead giveaway) then why not just remove the A/C? Gutting the pump and trying to make it still work with a pulley is pointless. You aren't going to save much on that. Not to be a dick, but what you are saying really doesn't make sense.
              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

^^^ what he said. If your have time on your hands,and wanna put in the effort. Take all your seats out and pull up the carpet, then start scrapping all the sound deadening off the floors, your might need to get some dry ice to aid in removal. Anywhere you find sound deadening remove it. Then put your carpet back in and your seats back in and no one will ever know. It maybe only be 30 lbs or so but every little bit helps. As the old saying goes '' If you wanna lose a 100 lbs, look in a hundred different places''

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                Big plans

Comment

if you've got some money, aluminum waterpump (if you don't have one) and aluminum heads (painted to look stock). There is a lot of gutting to be done in terms of structural stuff that really only matters if you crash. Of course, if you crash...

I think DulceAnAhalf or whatever or here had cut out the reinforcing bar behind his front bumper, for example.

If you have a trunkmuncher, deleting that might be an idea.

If you keep a lot of stuff in the trunk, you'll be amazed at the difference that makes to take it all out. If you're having traction issues though, just move it to the extreme passenger side rear of the trunk.

alloy/aluminum wheels are a good suggestion.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Whenever anyone posts about putting the car on a diet, I always mention this.

Google this:

Swiss Cheese Pontiac

Yes it was real (not just a one car thing). It was a factory idea, which was aimed on continuing Pontiac's performance legacy at that time.

Not good for the integrity of a daily driver, but a really neat idea.

Also note the aluminum exhaust manifolds. They were known for dripping on the track. Finding an intact pair is obviously quite unusual, for that reason.
                    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                      if you've got some money, aluminum waterpump (if you don't have one) and aluminum heads (painted to look stock). There is a lot of gutting to be done in terms of structural stuff that really only matters if you crash. Of course, if you crash...

I think DulceAnAhalf or whatever or here had cut out the reinforcing bar behind his front bumper, for example.

If you have a trunkmuncher, deleting that might be an idea.

If you keep a lot of stuff in the trunk, you'll be amazed at the difference that makes to take it all out. If you're having traction issues though, just move it to the extreme passenger side rear of the trunk.

alloy/aluminum wheels are a good suggestion.

If you are running a stock style waterpump/accessories- DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT put an aluminum pump on it. You will just blow gaskets constantly. The iron HD pumps use 2 extra bolts to seal the pump.
                      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
                        What's your exhaust like? I picked up 0.3 going from stock stang headers with 2 1/4 single exhaust, going to 1 5/8 shorty headers and 2 1/2 dual exhaust with free flowing muffs. Which took me from 10.30's to 9.99
                        Hard to gauge improved power based on ET, since that is more a function of your 60' time. What was the difference in trap speed with real headers?

Comment

Just from the headers and exhaust swap it shaved 0.3 off the et and picked up 5 mph while the 60ft remained the same as before. Same tempurature and nealry the same DA maybe 100ft difference when the runs where made.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                          Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
                            Just from the headers and exhaust swap it shaved 0.3 off the et and picked up 5 mph while the 60ft remained the same as before.
                            Wow, 5mph is a huge gain for headers/exhaust. Are your E7's ported?

Comment

I know, I couldn't believe it when it happend the first pass out. But then it kept repeating and repeating probably 15 passes with the same results. But my old exhaust was truly shitty.

And no the head are not ported

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                              Big plans

Comment

I added an aluminum front bumper, and aluminum bumper supports and cut them down the minimum.

OP, ou could buy my car and run low 8's in the 1/8th. I'll even throw in the voodoo cam so it will make power to 6200 instead of it's 5000 limit
                                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Working...
                                X