No announcement yet.

V-10 in a Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quit hijacking this thread, or i'll cut your balls off.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
      Quit hijacking this thread, or i'll cut your balls off.
      Yes sir.

Comment

Hello Everyone,Sorry for not posting anything for the last year and a half,I have had a few setbacks in My life.First I lost My 20 year old Daughter in a auto accident two months before Her twenty first birthday, around the time of My last post.Then My 93 year old Mother had to be admited to a convelesent home with dementia so everything was just put on hold till I could deal with things....I've still got the wagon,and the v10.The olds is history,traded to a local Kid for $100.00 and some minibike parts(His idea!)..I have been driving the wheels off of the zx2,gets great gas milage beating it back and forth to work.I will try to get some work done with pics in the near future....Thanks....WINGFOOT....

Comment

Welcome back mang!
          Sorry to hear about your losses. I offer my sincere condolences.

I wish you well and would love to see you make some progress on your v10 swap.
          Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
          AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
          Open/Lock/Ratio #
          -----------------------
          G / H / 2.26
          B / C / 2.47
          8 / M / 2.73
          7 / - / 3.07
          Y / Z / 3.08
          4 / D / 3.42
          F / R / 3.45
          5 / E / 3.27
          6 / W / 3.73
          2 / K / 3.55
          A / - / 3.63
          J / - / 3.85

Comment

Sorry to hear about your losses. Glad to hear you're getting back towards making progress though.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My condolences. No apology needed for a delayed project, family comes first.

Good to hear this project may progress though.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by wingfootwagon View Post
                Hello Everyone,Sorry for not posting anything for the last year and a half,I have had a few setbacks in My life.First I lost My 20 year old Daughter in a auto accident two months before Her twenty first birthday, around the time of My last post.Then My 93 year old Mother had to be admited to a convelesent home with dementia so everything was just put on hold till I could deal with things....I've still got the wagon,and the v10.The olds is history,traded to a local Kid for $100.00 and some minibike parts(His idea!)..I have been driving the wheels off of the zx2,gets great gas milage beating it back and forth to work.I will try to get some work done with pics in the near future....Thanks....WINGFOOT....

I am very sorry to hear that.

Packman

Comment

sorry to hear that wingfoot, hope you are well and making progress,hope to hear from you soon!!!!!!!!!!!
                  '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
                  "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
                  "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
                  "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
                  "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

Sorry to hear about everything. As much as we love our cars, some things are just more important.

Your car will sit and wait as long as you need it to.
                    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Hello everyone,I want to thank everybody that has commented about My problems In My life..I'm taking one day at a time...The loss of My child has made Me see that life turns on a dime,and can end at any time...I have new respect for everything and everyone I meet now...I've a few questions for My swap,My ex-wife has a 95 town car that has a rod knock...Bad, so She bought another Lincoln,a 97 ...She will sell Me the T/C for a good price ....What I was wondering is how much of the front end parts will swap over to My '89 Wagon?...I am going to use the frame mounts and engine mounts to fit the v10 in,the T/C has had front end work so everything is new with less than six months use as well as rear discs and calipers,will those swap as well?...I would like to still use the '03 Marauder wheels will the swap to the '95 parts allow this without the spacer adapters?....Any help will be greatly appreciated....Wingfoot....

Comment

as far as I know... dern near everything will swap over up to 02 (except body specific stuff like inner fenders... though those might fit as well). The better swap would be the rear axle to get disc brakes on the wagon. I think the front brakes are pretty much the same up to 97. Though swapping the front suspension parts over would give you the easier caster/camber adjustment that the aero/whales have. You might have to drill holes for the engine mounts, but I'm pretty sure they swap over pretty easy for the 4.6... not so sure about the v10. There's a thread somewhere on the net about the guy that put a v10 in a later model GM, so you can probably get a lot of info from that if you can find it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The Marauder wheels have the wrong offset to be used on any pre-2003 without a spacer. 95 front brakes are better than 89, but not hugely so. I'd swap the 95 stuff over except the hub bearings, rotors, calipers, and brackets. Replace those parts with 98-02 stuff and you're golden. Oh, the upper control arms off the 95 won't work unless you do some silly work to get the shafts out of your stock 89 upper arms. Use 92-94 parts and it bolts in. Same upper control arm, but its got the shaft like the 80s models have so it works nicely as a transition piece.

Motor mounts should pop right in, but I'd buy new ones. They are a PITA to get in and out of there with the lower control arms in place, so if you're pulling the lower arms, change the motor mounts while they are out. I dont know if 4.6 mounts are the same as V10 mounts, but I can tell you that you can remove 4.6 mounts from a 1992 car and bolt the 5.0 mounts in with zero change to the frame. The holes line up perfectly. I don't expect that changed at any point.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by wingfootwagon View Post
                            Hello everyone,I want to thank everybody that has commented about My problems In My life..I'm taking one day at a time...The loss of My child has made Me see that life turns on a dime,and can end at any time...I have new respect for everything and everyone I meet now...I've a few questions for My swap,My ex-wife has a 95 town car that has a rod knock...Bad, so She bought another Lincoln,a 97 ...She will sell Me the T/C for a good price ....What I was wondering is how much of the front end parts will swap over to My '89 Wagon?...I am going to use the frame mounts and engine mounts to fit the v10 in,the T/C has had front end work so everything is new with less than six months use as well as rear discs and calipers,will those swap as well?...I would like to still use the '03 Marauder wheels will the swap to the '95 parts allow this without the spacer adapters?....Any help will be greatly appreciated....Wingfoot....
                            Go to the Big Brake FAQs to see what you need to do in order to eventually make the 98+ stuff work up front and the 95 rear axle parts into/onto your rear housing. You end up using a combination of aero and whale parts. A mod motor is a bolt in for a 90-91 by using the perches and mounts but I am not positive regarding the 89.

Comment

Thanks Guys,I think I'll pass on this towncar the money will go into new parts,anyone know where to get the frame mounts?...I can get the engine mounts at any auto parts but the frame mounts are not sold there....Dealer only?....To bad the parts won't work for the front end off of the '95 T/C,plus no room to store it anyways...well I'll keep looking...Wingfoot....

Comment

Can't wait to see this thing...my buddy almost talked me into putting together a 6.8 3v motor...until I looked at how much they were going for used...most were 3000+ with high mileage. Under 3000 were all blown up cores. I don't know your budget, but I would recommend H-beam rods(I belive you can use aftermarket 5.4L rods, just need a set plus 2) and half decent pistons for a 5.4...I'm 98.9% sure the 6.8 uses the same piston/rod assemblies as the 5.4's and I THINK all 6.8's came with forged cranks, could be mistaken on both accounts.

Good luck and keep your head up!
                                -Don
                                '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Working...
                                X