No announcement yet.

1990 TC MAF conversion questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"toss the elbow. Take the Explorer throttle body and grind on the shaft where it goes through the lever until the "mushroom" is gone and you can pop the lever off. Do the same with your stock throttle body. Install the stock throttle body lever onto the Explorer piece and tack weld it together. Done."

It gets no easier, just put a wet rag around the spring to slow the heat transfer so that the plastic is melted to a minimum if any. Has anyone noticed that the coolant side of a lopo egr plate has more of a sealing surface than the rear does? So its safe to bore the EGR plate to 63mm with a slight taper which in turn will fit fine to a 65mm Explorer TB, just be sure to get a Explorer TB to EGR plate gasket and use "The Right Stuff" to make sure you have no future leaks. As far as the EGR to plenum gasket sealing goes, what I did was bought a stock mustang gt gasket and took a dremel tool to the inside diameter of it because it has a metal core and bored it out to 65mm. No leaks thus far.
    Last edited by gstak07; 10-07-2010, 10:31 PM.
    sigpic351w .030, B303, 1.6 Roller Rockers, GT40P Heads Mild Port Job,351w Lightning Lower & Explorer Upper,65mm TB, Custom CAI, 24# Injectors, Adj FPR, 1/2 Phenolic Spacer, TPS Enhancer, Shift Kit, 2400 Stall, Hi-Rev Govenor, MMC Alcoa Driveshaft, 3.73 Trac Lok, Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, MSD Street Fire Coil, MSD 6AL Ignition 12.35 @114 mph spinning through 1st gear

Comment

I saw someone on here take a mustang egr plate, and weld on some brakets for the stock throttle body bracket to attach to.

Comment

Yea I seen that too but it did not look like a factory job to me, and I am very particular about that. Also I am not a fan of re-routing coolant hoses and so forth, if anything I like to eliminate things or improve them while still retaining the factory look
        sigpic351w .030, B303, 1.6 Roller Rockers, GT40P Heads Mild Port Job,351w Lightning Lower & Explorer Upper,65mm TB, Custom CAI, 24# Injectors, Adj FPR, 1/2 Phenolic Spacer, TPS Enhancer, Shift Kit, 2400 Stall, Hi-Rev Govenor, MMC Alcoa Driveshaft, 3.73 Trac Lok, Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, MSD Street Fire Coil, MSD 6AL Ignition 12.35 @114 mph spinning through 1st gear

Comment

Eliminating the egr cooler stuff gives about 15 degree colder air to the lower intake. I checked it on my car once upon a time.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ive been told not to unhook it, but to this day I have yet to see any negative effects from unhooking it. Cooler air is the power producer and any reduction in temps should help performance in some way. Also the 4.6 engines nor do the 5.4 engines have coolant running to the EGR and those intakes are a plastic composite. I doubt our EGR gets hot to the point that it requires major cooling, IMO I think the coolant running through the EGR plate makes the intake air charge temps higher. I also have a 1/2 inch spacer between the upper and lower intake to lower the temps and that along with bypassing the EGR coolant should net a few horses. Considering that cooler air is better.

Comment

Working...
            X