Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yeah, another exhaust combo thread. deal with it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

johnunit, any more updates? Do you have any pictures of the setup?
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I've mostly got the same issues mentioned in this thread still (funding issues).

For the benefit of anyone searching later, I'll link a relevant (to 351W's) thread I made during installation:

For discussions on performance modifications to the 5.0/5.8 engine. Includes engine swaps and whatever else you can think of.

and the thread you started today about your planning for an install on another 351w+ emissions compliant car:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-swap-headers-...

I'll see about getting a few pictures, but it's getting cold up here and like I've said it's not the ideal setup.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I paid $400 for my custom exhaust and love it. 2.5 from front to back, with used flowmasters that I brought to the shop. Any good custom exhaust shop should be able to do this for you with or without cats. You'll still be under $600.
        87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
        Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Comment

Wait 'til ya get headers. You can add at least $250 for that. Depending on the region, you can get cheap service with good results. Or you can live in the northeastern states and pay through your azz. I nearly died when I added up all of the parts for my exhaust project (over $900). Then I saw what they charge for newer Mustangs and Camaros and I didn't feel so bad.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
            Wait 'til ya get headers. You can add at least $250 for that. Depending on the region, you can get cheap service with good results. Or you can live in the northeastern states and pay through your azz. I nearly died when I added up all of the parts for my exhaust project (over $900). Then I saw what they charge for newer Mustangs and Camaros and I didn't feel so bad.

Packman
            Pretty much...

700 was about the lowest price I got for an exhaust system, and that wasn't mandrel bent, wasn't 2.5 inch, and didn't include headers. I overpaid for the headers, but I'm quite confident that I couldn't have walked into a shop and had them build me a full, non-restrictive, emissions-legal system for the price I paid.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Funny thing; I used to dread exhaust work, but have no problem swinging/swapping engines. Nowadays it's the opposite. Once I get another engine built for the CV, I will look into building a set of longtubes. I will probably get a long tube header kit and an adjustment set (I forget what it's called, but I've seen it in Eastwood Inc) that comes with all the little bends/pieces to adjust the primaries. It'll cost me about $600; which is acceptable considering custom headers (for our cars no less) will cost $1k+.

Packman

Comment

Working...
              X