No announcement yet.

GT40p, Lincoln Logs and #5 plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For starters I am usin SD. These are the injectors from the '95 TC and an eCM from a Mark VII.
    I recently acquired an A9P for just $52.00 on ebay. It had a bad trace so we soldered in a jumper. It should work fine.

I didn't really see the need for mass air just yet. For one I couldn't find an ECM at a decent price and, Two, I still have the stock single exhaust. That will need fixed and I plan on swapping to Mass air.

Comment

Originally posted by Neal 97 250 View Post
      For starters I am usin SD. These are the injectors from the '95 TC and an eCM from a Mark VII.
      I recently acquired an A9P for just $52.00 on ebay. It had a bad trace so we soldered in a jumper. It should work fine.

I didn't really see the need for mass air just yet. For one I couldn't find an ECM at a decent price and, Two, I still have the stock single exhaust. That will need fixed and I plan on swapping to Mass air.
      I'm warning you now, if it starts popping you're gonna wish you had the mass air.

Mass air doesn't care if you have single or dual exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        I'm warning you now, if it starts popping you're gonna wish you had the mass air.

Mass air doesn't care if you have single or dual exhaust.
        Yep, I have to go mass air in the wagon because of this. I think me, you and tom are the only ones unlucky enough for this.
        The 89, which has somewhat similar engine, runs perfect with SD.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Can you explain a little the popping. Is it just when it strts up or all the time?

Comment

sometimes the P head motors will lean pop while cruising. You'll hear popping and the motor will chug when it does it. Basically its the engine running too lean to actually keep itself running properly.

I had to go mass air on mine. No P heads, but the ported E7 heads moved enough extra air that it had chronic detonation problems until I switched it over. I really can't explain why my motor or an HO cammed P head motor should have this problem. Theoretically, SD is flexible enough to tolerate that much extra airflow, but reality says this may not be the case. I'm still sitting on a set of P heads for my Mark VII, and my biggest holdup is deciding if I want to convert it over and then deal with the cruise control issues.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              sometimes the P head motors will lean pop while cruising. You'll hear popping and the motor will chug when it does it. Basically its the engine running too lean to actually keep itself running properly.

I had to go mass air on mine. No P heads, but the ported E7 heads moved enough extra air that it had chronic detonation problems until I switched it over. I really can't explain why my motor or an HO cammed P head motor should have this problem. Theoretically, SD is flexible enough to tolerate that much extra airflow, but reality says this may not be the case. I'm still sitting on a set of P heads for my Mark VII, and my biggest holdup is deciding if I want to convert it over and then deal with the cruise control issues.
              My guess would be the intakes allow much more air than even the stock HO intake.

The popping is just some weirdness that no one can figure out. The fix is Mass Air, the only reason I can come up with would be the program for fuel delivery might have a broader operating window, so it can meter the amount of air, and it can add fuel accordingly.

I told you in the other thread when you'd expect to see/hear/feel the popping.

Comment

Working...
              X