Comment

That classic chambered sounded pretty good
      Town Coupe [X]
      Mark VI [ ]
      Grand Marquis Coupe [ ]
      Crown Victoria Coupe
      [ ]

Comment

Seems like there are lots of factors that play into what a particular exhaust sounds like: displacement of the engine; compression ratio; type of cam; type of exhaust manifold; length of pipes; diameter of pipes; etc.

The Lincoln in the vid has what I would call a "choppy" sound. The balance tube on an H-pipe will take away the choppiness of an exhaust in my experience. So, removing or blocking the balance tube of the H-pipe will make the exhaust more "choppy" in my opinion. Also, at lower engine speeds, smaller diameter pipes will make the exhaust gas go faster than big diameter pipes, and will give it that choppier sound. Straight-through mufflers will have a throatier sound. So my two cent advice would be: Block the balance tube, stay with small diameter pipes and go with a straight-through muffler like a glass-pack.

Comment

I always say, don't worry too much about sound when everything is stock, as it'll still be somewhat quiet even with no mufflers. Especially with single exhaust. No point in spending good money on 2" mufflers that are just going to come back off again in the near future.

As soon as a few things aren't 100% bone-stock anymore, exhaust noise gets a lot louder and those with any sense of social responsibility will be more worried about quieting it back down.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

that sounds like a truck 302 or HO without mufflers (or hollowed out mufflers). It's got a little more crackle than my Mark VI, but then mine has mufflers.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

this is my wagon with straight exhaust

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

get thrush welded mufflers they sound awesome.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

nahhh. i like the straight pipe on this car for some reason. its not really loud and it kinda fits the winter beater theme. but the car is far from a beater. plus, i need to save money for GMGT.

Comment

I like how it sounds.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

lose the cats and the mufflers

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                        nahhh. i like the straight pipe on this car for some reason. its not really loud and it kinda fits the winter beater theme. but the car is far from a beater. plus, i need to save money for GMGT.
                        Sounds really good in the video. Cats are still on, correct?

Comment

no cats no mufflers...

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post

I like the sound. What size pipe are you running? Have H or X?
                            Town Coupe [X]
                            Mark VI [ ]
                            Grand Marquis Coupe [ ]
                            Crown Victoria Coupe
                            [ ]

Comment

Originally posted by BBMK790 View Post
                              I like the sound. What size pipe are you running? Have H or X?
                              its the stock 2 inch exhaust with cats, H pipe, no mufflers. what car do you have again?

Comment

1980 Town Coupe
                                Town Coupe [X]
                                Mark VI [ ]
                                Grand Marquis Coupe [ ]
                                Crown Victoria Coupe
                                [ ]

Comment

Working...
                                X