#3 spark plug chalky black... and misses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is the one i got. i also have a scanner that does everything till 08

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post

FTW
      Agreed.

I have a star II tester.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

well, i ran the self test and got codes 95 and 31. 95 is from not hooking up the vss wire to my new ecu which from what i understand is fine. but the 31 was for my EGR so i swapped it our for a spare i had and the motor idles and runs allot smoother and no engine light flashing for today. Substancially more power also.

#3 got a new plug and wire swap and its still chalky black and the other plugs are light tan so looks like its time to throw in a new injector.
        Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
        HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

You'll get a little off-idle hesitation with no vss input, but you should actually have vss wiring to the ECM connector on a 91. Possible the stock vss wire lands on a different pin though.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            You'll get a little off-idle hesitation with no vss input, but you should actually have vss wiring to the ECM connector on a 91. Possible the stock vss wire lands on a different pin though.
            Wire for the VSS is in the same spot between the Mass Air and speed density models. My check engine light flashes at me too. It flashes that code too... Hmm, might have to look into that for myself.

Comment

Working...
            X