Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There

Comment

well shit, thats an easy mod for saving around 200bucks on headers. im also sold on these headers.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

BBK 1515 $186.99
        FMS M-9430-P50 $249.95

Thats less than $65 difference, a far cry from a $200 difference.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Those BBKs above are anything but equal length.

In my opinion, the FRPP headers don't make plug changes on P heads very easy.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
            Those BBKs above are anything but equal length.

In my opinion, the FRPP headers don't make plug changes on P heads very easy.
            I can't agree with you. I pull my plugs out often when I run nitrous. I have no complaints. The P specific FRPP headers are an improvement over the old FRPP headers that did not fit the P heads. That is why Ford went with a single header. They fit both heads and they are better designed.
            If you use a plug socket with a 6 point external end on it, it is even easier because you can use a ratchet wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
              I can't agree with you. I pull my plugs out often when I run nitrous. I have no complaints. The P specific FRPP headers are an improvement over the old FRPP headers that did not fit the P heads. That is why Ford went with a single header. They fit both heads and they are better designed.
              If you use a plug socket with a 6 point external end on it, it is even easier because you can use a ratchet wrench.
              X2 Plug changes with the frpp p headers is damn easy.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
              1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
              1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

hey zoomie, does the BBK 1515 header come in other finnishes other than the ceramic coated? id like to find plain steel/stainless that i can paint black.

Comment

summit has the chrome ones. BBK only offers ceramic or chrome in the 1515. http://www.bbkperformance.com/produc...h-headers.html

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

these look like they might work... they're already painted... so you can just repaint to your liking.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                      these look like they might work... they're already painted... so you can just repaint to your liking.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PSM-70-1067/
                      will they work with GT40P heads is the question...

Comment

bah... I've been missing lots of little details like that lately. good question. The answer is... without mods, I doubt it.

Comment

well, you still get a cookie sly lol

Comment

Working...
                          X