Rear sump only setup for panther 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear sump only setup for panther 5.0

Well ive been looking for awhile. But I want to get about a 7qt rear sump system but....ive had no luck
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis ls-302 CFI
    Carb swap planned .
    c90 heads
    475 lift cam
    Weind stealth intake(looking for reasonable air gap or manifold for 2bblsidedraft)
    Built aod(want c6 tryin to fin vac mod model)
    331 stroker kit
    Work in progress

sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I see a Proform unit for under $150 ....
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Try mustangsunlimited.com They have a lot of parts for our engines.

Packman

Comment

look for Fox Mustang parts. Same oil pans. I think you're limited to a dual sump though.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Front sump is to clear the oil pump in a dual sump Ford SB. I run a Canton Fox road race pan. Onl issue was were the rear sump drain plug is. Works with out mods but cutting a hole in the crossmember were the plug is helps or welding a bung and putting the plug on the side helps.
            Attached Files
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
              Front sump is to clear the oil pump in a dual sump Ford SB. I run a Canton Fox road race pan. Onl issue was were the rear sump drain plug is. Works with out mods but cutting a hole in the crossmember were the plug is helps or welding a bung and putting the plug on the side helps.
              yes... total agreement with the asinine position of the drain plug.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Wow, that does look really annoying. I guess a Mustang K-member must allow sufficient access to that position.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                X