Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket reversible EFI intake manifolds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket reversible EFI intake manifolds?

I know this has been asked at least once before but hell if I can find the thread, what are the best after market intake's that can be reversed to face the drivers side? The vast majority of them have offset bolts in the center (the TrickFlow ones for example), and can't be rotated properly. After much research, it seems the best option is the Professional Products Power Plus Typhoon Intake, which is just a cheap clone of the Edelbrock Victor. I think turbo had a Professional Products on his car at one point. Anyone else have any info to share/ideas?
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Here is a trick flow. What is not proper aside from the foolish text?

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Note the offset bolt holes in the center. Unless they drilled and taped new holes, there is no way the center bolts are in there.

You can even see how they are offset on the top.

Last edited by pantera77; 03-13-2013, 09:39 PM.
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Dont the stock upper and lower intakes have offset center bolts too? Im very confused now lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
          Dont the stock upper and lower intakes have offset center bolts too? Im very confused now lol.
          Yes, but the way they are they line up. I know for a fact I read on here The Trick Flow intakes won't work, but this was probably years ago. Unless I'm just over thinking things. Regardless, I wouldn't run that intake simply because the backwards lettering would drive me crazy, though I guess it could be ground down.

Comment

Yea, the writing would drive me nuts too. But, to each his own. Im sure you will find a solution

Comment

OK, I think I just went retarded (or have had way to much Blue so far tonight)

Anyways, let's look at what definitely won't work.

Holley 5.0L EFI Intake Manifolds 300-72S

Edelbrock Performer 5.0 EFI Truck Intake Manifolds 3841

Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT EFI Intake Manifolds 7128

Comment

This is the one I keep thinking of, but note it has the vacuum lines ports in the back, (which would now be the front for us)

Comment

that vacuum port up front might be kinda nice actually.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i know the typhoon works, installed one on project79.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                      i know the typhoon works, installed one on project79.
                      Any major problems with it? Pretty much just had to rerun the vacuum lines right? Plenty of room between the vac cum ports and the distributor?

Comment

If the Trick Flow intake center bolts don't line up, then how did the guy in the pic (I forgot the username here) get it to work on the Country Squire? When I get home today I'll play around with the Trick Flow intake, I thought it lined up though.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                          If the Trick Flow intake center bolts don't line up, then how did the guy in the pic (I forgot the username here) get it to work on the Country Squire? When I get home today I'll play around with the Trick Flow intake, I thought it lined up though.

Packman

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...cFlow-kit-swap
                          http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/member.php?3773-vabeachsand
                          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Yes, I know, we've been discussing this.

I know someone on here years ago said the Trick Flow intakes don't fit for one reason or another. Maybe it was an older version of the intake, or maybe it was Pirate messing with us, who knows. Brent has proved the intake fits (although the backwards text would drive me insane).

I'm interested in the Typhoon Intake right now, but it seems to get pretty much mixed reviews. It's the cheapest aftermarket intake in price and quality it seems.

Comment

What kind of mixed reviews does it get?

Comment

Working...
                              X