No announcement yet.

Ball flange question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard somewhere that a 90 Lincoln Towncar used a factory tubular manifold? It was supposedly a 1 year only part ... has anyone else ever heard or seen ?

Comment

Yes, we call them "lincoln logs" and they do exist, they are not as good as aftermarket in the flow department, but an upgrade from the cast iron stockers.
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Brown_Muscle ... have you ever seen ? and was it a 1 year only item ?

Comment

I have a couple years ago. It was a 1 year only thing.. I've attached a picture of a set. If you are in need, it's possible someone on this site may have some for sale.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0313.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1274026
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Would love to get my hands on a set !!!

Comment

Look around the junkyards. Once you find a 90, they shouldn't be too hard to get off. Save for the pollution crap brackets on the passenger side. That stuff almost foiled my attempt to get my pair. Throw a can of penetrating oil in your tool box. If you find some LL, hit them with some oil, and look around some more. Maybe they'll behave more after soaking for a bit.
              1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

they aren't all that amazing. Better than stock, but there are so many other spots in the exhaust that need improvement that I'd not be starting with the manifolds. If you really want it better, headers are the way to go.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...ll-flange-kits

I used the 2.5" kit to repair the broken flange on the H-pipe I got. Perhaps get a decent length of pipe with a 45* bend in it (preferrably toward the end of the pipe) and make your own down pipes. THis is what I am attempting if the headers I got fit.

Packman

Comment

I have a set of BBK swap headers, since '10, and NEVER had the gaskets blow out. Original gaskets, just snug them up a bit every six months. I guess I am very lucky.
                    Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

Working...
                    X