Dual Exhaust Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Exhaust Question

I've been looking at different options. Magnaflow has direct fit cats (23367, 23368), Walker H-pipe (40492) and LH/RH tailpipe (46607, 46539), not sure what mufflers yet.

Q: I have a stock lopo. I've observed that all piping is 2" on the above and that most ppl seem to use 2.5". Will 2" be a problem? If I do the GT40/SEFI mod will 2" be to restrictive?

BTW, I'll take suggestions on mufflers too. I want a nice sound but quiet at highway speed.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my '85 Lincolin Town Car
    Last edited by kodiak; 04-15-2014, 02:25 AM.
    Using Tapatalk

Go 2.5 so you have it for the improved motor work.. I have 2.5 from manifolds to bumper.. You'll find it hard to find some performance mufflers in 2in. As for mufflers there's a bunch of options the norm is Flow Masters or a magnaflows Both are a little pricey but good mufflers just depends on what you want. There's always glass packs or just straight pipe lol! I have MAC pro dumps on my car and I love em.. There suitcase mufflers like a flow master but without the flow master sound.. Anyway I'm sure the other guys can chime in as well and give you more ideas on the cheap to expensive range.. Go check out YouTube and listen and find what ya like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

IMCO mufflers are fairly cheap, are like flowmasters but deeper sounding. (check youtube)

I agree with chitown, go with the 2.5 in. set-up if you can, will complement motor mods.

Comment

I just looked up some of the parts, why is the Lincoln H-pipe $72 and the LTD Crown Victoria one $105?
        And they don't even list a left side tail for the LTD.
        Right side is $19 but for a wagon it's $53!

Those Walker H-pipes are the same size as stock, correct? 2"
        Which Mustang ones work?
        I have some Mustang shorties already, just need to put the rest of the pieces together.
        1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

the LTD may be listing the fox body parts depending on the year you're looking up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
            I just looked up some of the parts, why is the Lincoln H-pipe $72 and the LTD Crown Victoria one $105?
            And they don't even list a left side tail for the LTD.
            Right side is $19 but for a wagon it's $53!

Those Walker H-pipes are the same size as stock, correct? 2"
            Which Mustang ones work?
            I have some Mustang shorties already, just need to put the rest of the pieces together.

If you have Mustang shorties you need a Mustang H pipe (or modified/custom down pipes) .
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I added everything to my Amazon cart (after checking prices) just to get a total. Came out to about $550.00. I called a few local shops and the lowest over the phone price was $600-700. New cats, X/H pipe, mufflers, chrome tips and 2.5" piping.

Sent from my '85 Lincolin Town Car
              Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X