No announcement yet.

New engine acquired for HO conversion of the wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lines are basically where the old lines were, a few pieces look like they had been replaced. I had a little trouble getting the -8 fitting in where the body mount is on the passenger side but jacked the body up a bit and it went through.

Sent while running from the cops using Tapatalk
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
      The lines are basically where the old lines were, a few pieces look like they had been replaced. I had a little trouble getting the -8 fitting in where the body mount is on the passenger side but jacked the body up a bit and it went through.

Sent while running from the cops using Tapatalk
      I figured as much. That was my main concern was having to lift up the body. That area by the pass side was my concern. When the time comes I may try to find a way to go around somehow. Unless I do the poly body bushing upgrade.

Packman

Comment

I just took the bolt out, jacked up enough to get the fitting through then let it down. The line is much smaller than the fitting so it's not crimped or anything, it moves freely. You could easily get the line through without having to do anything with the body mount and put the fitting on later but I put the ends on in the vise.

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

IT RUNS! Still have to get the exhaust done but I started the car yesterday, have to chack with a timing light today since I ran out of light yesterday. The fuel system is leak free and the pump is a bit loud but what can you expect from such a high volume pump. I may not be able to get it into the exhaust shop until next week, maybe friday if he's not busy.

Comment

Comment

Cool, sounds decent.

Whats the interesting something in your neighbor's driveway? Looks almost like a dune buggy.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Whats the interesting something in your neighbor's driveway? Looks almost like a dune buggy.
                I thought they got it for their son, but it's been in that exact spot since they brought it home in the spring.
                It is a dune buggy type thing, would be great for the parts of the island where you can drive on the beach but not really around here.

Comment

Can't wait to see how it's going to handle boost.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                  The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                  It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Got it up to temp and added some trans fluid, then drove it to the exhaust shop.

Comment

Good job....getting closer with it
                      Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

I didnt see anything about it, were you able to keep cruise with the mass air conversion?

1990 Colony Park, with HO swap.

Previously:
                        1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier.
                        88 CVLX
                        01 Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by piranah View Post
                          I didnt see anything about it, were you able to keep cruise with the mass air conversion?
                          I didn't even try, I have had cruise on a few cars and never really used it. I have all the instructions to do it using the stock computer in tandem with the Mustang PCM and some other stuff, I may try to get it working but don't really care if it does.

I picked it up from the exhaust shop yesterday after work, I'm liking the sound.

Comment

The blower is probably waiting until spring.
                            How much power can the stock AOD handle?
                            I know there are rebuild kits available and I know there are complete transmission packages available, any recommendations(or parts/packages/companies to stay away from) would be great.

Comment

Stock AOD... maybe 350-400HP/TQ on a good day. HD rebuild... 400-450. Stock will break internal parts... HD will break input shafts. Solid 1-piece input shaft AOD can usually handle up to 600 if built and tuned right. You get into really custom areas above that IIRC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So...I broke that engine but the new one is running, it's a 347 with AFR heads and will get blown after my road trip.
                                The sound this thing makes is nice...video will come soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X