X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd use whatever comes with the blower.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I have another question, if I use the intake on the passenger side do I have to change the TB orientation?
      Are there any other things that have to be changed when swapping the intake to the other side?

I ordered a converter and should be starting to put the engine together shortly, next weekend I have a few days off so I should b able to get some stuff done.
      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

For the intake to face the passenger side?, you'll need a different throttle cable, different TV cable, reroute some vacuum lines, some wiring, etc...
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

basically you'll need mustang cables

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

and a major re-work of the AC system, and the battery has to move. Its been done, and it is not pretty.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

you can finagle clearance over the AC stuff... but it's a PITA still. Can't use a stock zip tube. Gotta make your own. probably need about 3-5 bends. 90 off the TB for sure, then probably a 60 to kick out to the inner fender to get around the AC compressor and the lines then maybe another bend to an airbox or cone filter. Battery does have to be relocated though for sure.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Well if hes going to have a vortec there, the air intake shouldn't be too much of a problem...

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                  Well if hes going to have a vortec there, the air intake shouldn't be too much of a problem...
                  Exactly why I'm not worried about the intake being oddly shaped. Still undecided on AC or not, I'll have to see.

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Done right, I think you may have better luck with the intake facing the stock direction. This one isn't my idea, but a supercharger mounted down where the smog pump was, an intercooler in front with inlet/outlet connections on opposite sides, and a feed from the intercooler back to the stock direction intake would probably lay in there fairly nicely. Only trick might be the air filter location, but moving the battery to the trunk (which is good for balance anyway) would give you a nice big hole for that.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That would be the slickest installation, but for best "bolt on super charger" converting to mustang accessory's and flipping the intake is prolly the easiest. Especially if you staying non-intercooled.

Comment

I got the timing chain and cover on, mostly. I got a bolt kit for the engine and a few of the timing cover bolts are not in the kit so I have to wait for correct size bolts to get here, not something I though of checking since the kit was supposed to be complete.

Comment

I'm still working on getting the engine put together, I have most of what I need.
                          I tracked down an A9P PCM for mass air and a tuner willing to tune the car locally.

One local tuner that I had asked said that he could tune the car when I was ready, so I went over there to try and get a pre HO dyno run and maybe a list of what he needed, he said there is no way I can tune it. This was after he said, just give me a call when ready...

Comment

I could see not tuning a SD lopo, as there is no support on those computers, but a mass air car is the exact same as a Mustang. Ton's of stuff you can do with them

Comment

What he said. Let them know what computer you have and everything should be cool. If they still disagree you should definitely find somewhere else.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                What he said. Let them know what computer you have and everything should be cool. If they still disagree you should definitely find somewhere else.
                                The simple response of "I can't tune your car" turned me off to that tuner, I'm going back to the one that did the cams on my '05.
                                All the first guy had to do was say it has to be mass air and a Mustang computer like the second one said.
                                I will have the PCM tomorrow, I have a stock mass air sensor and that will get me to the dyno.

I have seen stuff about valve seals and want to see the general opinion, the GT40P heads have what I would assume are stock seals

The gasket kit I got has the umbrella type

I tried but didn't want to mess anything up so I didn't try very hard to remove the old seals, is there a tried and true way to get these out?

Comment

Working...
                                X