No announcement yet.

New engine acquired for HO conversion of the wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It its like a GM they are an extremely tight fitting umbrella seal, and you will destroy them removing them since they are probably old and brittle.

Comment

Ok, I also found the set that came with my new valve springs, I would imagine the Trick Flow ones are on the good side.
      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

the comp xe258 can has way more balls than the ho stock cam... ho cam is like a 4banger until 4000rpm or so than pulls hard on up to 6500 and than some with the p's and explorer intakes. Explorer cam is decent but it it runs out of steam fairly early in the rpm curve.

My xe258 is over 300ft/lbs at the flywheel from 2200-5900rpm with a flat hp and tq curve peaking at 305/365.
        I have since retarded the cam 4*, heavily welded/ported the upper and lower intakes, lightly ported the gt40p heads, 90mm maf, 75mmtb, and 24lb injectors and allot of other things like ignition box/electric fans..... that thing absolutely rips like a raped ape lol, still need to finish the car than get it back to lidio for dyno tuning but I suspect its very close to 340hp/390tq fwhp.

That's what I would highy reccomend doing, silky smooth driving just like stock, the cam has no overlap so it isn't at all bad on fuel or emissions. You do need good valve springs but thats not a big deal at all, go with dual springs rated to .600 lift

good luck buddy
        Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
        HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Ok, I need to move the washer fluid/coolant bottle.
          I am adding an e-fan so the shroud may not be an issue but not sure.
          What coolant bottle can I use?

I have the battery cable ran to the trunk area so that will free up the passenger side of the engine bay for the SC headunit but I'm intercooling it(keeping the intake on the drivers side) and need the other side open.

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

my coolent bottle is 3" exaust pipe with a top an bottom welded on/painted up all nice with the fitting in the bottom and rubber fill plug in the top. Must be 1qt for the strip, mine is 1.1qts, doesn't take up much space mounted behind the headlights area on the passenger side.
            Mustang size mishimoto 3 core rads are good reliable pieces and the popular dual fan mystique electric fans/shroud fit perfect to it and are lower profile than the mk8/taurus fans which will be very handy when putting the long crank pully on for the sc. Oem fans put aftermarket fans to shame just like alternators... oem is the way to go there.
            HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

What size are my fuel lines? I got a replacement fuel pump hanger, a larger pump and a TRex in line pump to help under boost. I tried connecting the lines from the TRex and it doesn't fit the pump exit line, it fits the return line on the hanger. The TRex goes between the tank and fuel filter.
              I may run new lines since trusting 25 year old lines under more pressure may create problems later.

Comment

+1 just run new.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I put the valves in the other day and put the heads on the block, I got the battery to its new home today so things are moving, slowly but moving.
                  Nice open space in the engine bay

Still have to finish the intake but I test fit it with the parts I have

Little clearance issue with the valve covers I want to use but that's an easy fix

Comment

I freed up the other side of the engine bay today, and have all the fuel line I'll need just waiting to go in.

Comment

You could run a 5/16" or 1" spacer if you have clearance issues on the valve cover. I had to run a 1" to clear on my 87, and it fit under the hood with plenty of room to spare.
                      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Yeah, I got a 1/2" spacer as soon as I saw the clearance issue. With stock valve covers I don't think it would even be an issue but these are shiny and I think I'll keep em on there.

Sent while running from the cops using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by merc91 View Post
                          the comp xe258 can has way more balls than the ho stock cam... ho cam is like a 4banger until 4000rpm or so than pulls hard on up to 6500 and than some with the p's and explorer intakes. Explorer cam is decent but it it runs out of steam fairly early in the rpm curve.

My xe258 is over 300ft/lbs at the flywheel from 2200-5900rpm with a flat hp and tq curve peaking at 305/365.
                          I have since retarded the cam 4*, heavily welded/ported the upper and lower intakes, lightly ported the gt40p heads, 90mm maf, 75mmtb, and 24lb injectors and allot of other things like ignition box/electric fans..... that thing absolutely rips like a raped ape lol, still need to finish the car than get it back to lidio for dyno tuning but I suspect its very close to 340hp/390tq fwhp.

That's what I would highy reccomend doing, silky smooth driving just like stock, the cam has no overlap so it isn't at all bad on fuel or emissions. You do need good valve springs but thats not a big deal at all, go with dual springs rated to .600 lift

good luck buddy
                          I wouldn't take my lawn mower to lidio, buddy's car that I have alot of time in went from a problematic 12.80 car to having crt in norwalk tune
                          it now it runs 11.70's
                          1985 LTD Country Squire on Jackstands
                          1987 Mark VII xpipe, mac mufflers, 125 shot
                          2006 Grand Marquis ls 47k miles

Comment

having spent a day with lidio, he's a smart guy who knows his stuff. That said, I swapped over to anderson ford motorsports pms 4 for my ecu control system with endless options and capabilities including my 2 dry stages of nitrous... combined with boost shortly. Terrific systems they are, would reccomend it highly.

Comment

I'm at a standstill, I have all the parts to finish but motivation is lacking. I know this thing will be a beast and I will have a huge smile on my face when done but...
                              I want to put the fuel system together since when done it will be plug and play with better lines, will just have to have the new larger pump installed on tuning day.

Comment

Take it one step at a time. At least the Country Squire isn't your daily driver. Time constraints are a pain to work with. I am going to replace the fuel system completely when I do my engine swap. There are a few sections that look crusty. I will probably replace the one section of brake tubing that I didn't do (runs to the rear diff). My big hang up is finding a place to take the CV apart and do all of this work. I can't do it in my driveway because the neighbors will (and have in the past) call the township. Nobody in my area seems to want to rent garage space for anything less than a year. As you can see, everybody has their hurdles. You'll be alright BTW, beautiful engine!!!

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X