New engine acquired for HO conversion of the wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by packman View Post
    Take it one step at a time. At least the Country Squire isn't your daily driver. Time constraints are a pain to work with.

Packman
    Ummm...it is my only car so...
    This is why it's been slow and I decided to put the engine together then drop it in.
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
      Ummm...it is my only car so...
      This is why it's been slow and I decided to put the engine together then drop it in.
      Oh....my bad. THought the '05 in the sig was your daily driver.

That's how I am going about my engine swap. Once I find a place to swap the engine, I will have the other engine rebuilt as I am replacing the fuel system, mass air swap, and the brakes as well. Just waiting for an available spot.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
        Oh....my bad. THought the '05 in the sig was your daily driver.
        Packman
        Yeah, its demise led to the wagon purchase but that's another story.I just can't bring myself to remove it from the sig

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Ok, when removing the AC, what has to be capped/removed?
          I know I should have the system drained at a shop then I can take it all off at home.
          For now at least, I will just remove the system until spring at least.

Comment

cap the compressor, condenser, evaporator. toss the accumulator and any hoses that are showing seepage. Toss the orifice tube when you flush the evaporator (you may need the puller loaner tool to get it out).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So, the engine should be coming out on saturday and tuning sometime next week.
              How much and what kind of coolant do I need? I am installing a Mustang radiator(3 row Mishimoto which comes with their coolant additive), I just have to wait for it to arrive since I ordered it way too late. I have all new hoses going on and I just have to figure out which belt I need, going to the parts store later.

Comment

I kinda worked on it today, not the removal of the old but the assembly of the new.
                I got the engine put together and messed up one of my fingers, kinda swollen but still usable.

I spoke for a while today with the tuner that will be doing the program for the supercharger tune and he had some great tips for me getting this together.
                I have to build the fuel system and it will be overbuilt, I don't want to have a possibility of not enough fuel.
                I have 2 full weeks off work so I won't be pushing myself, it will be done by the time I go back though.

Comment

Why a Mustang rad?

Also, what are you planning for the fuel system? Just Curious.
                  2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                  2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                    Why a Mustang rad?
                    Why not?
                    Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                    Also, what are you planning for the fuel system? Just Curious.
                    It won't be stock...new lines, new pump, new filter, new rails, etc.
                    Do you know if a higher flow pump(340lph) will work without a tune? I'm just wondering if I can put it in before going up to the tuner so they don't have to do it.

Comment

the fuel pressure regulator will still limit the flow to the rail, but a higher flow pump may push that up a bit. It may run a little rich if anything, but shouldn't be much of an issue. I know a few have run the higher flow pumps and not had issues.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

DAMNIT!
                        Still have a clearance issue with these shiny covers!

This doesn't look too odd, does it?

Comment

heat up and pound in the area with the clearance issue.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

swap the covers and put the oil filler neck on the driver side.

Comment

I bolted some more stuff to the new engine today.

Comment

This is gonna be cool once ALL of the kinks are worked out.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X