Thinking about going Lincoln Logs and Dual Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about going Lincoln Logs and Dual Exhaust

I've been debating going from my single exhaust stock set up to some lincoln logs and the stock dual exhaust upgrade.

Checking out RockAuto, I see that Walker makes the complete dual exhaust set up for cheap. Seems like a good deal. (Cats back). Question on this is, what do I do about the driver's side hangers? There are none on my car.

Also, I was hearing that the 90 Towncar exhaust manifolds are a good upgrade over the stock ones and bolt right up.

Rock auto has these listed:
    DORMAN Part # 674153 - Right Side
    DORMAN Part # 674184 - Left Side

Is that the right ones?

Thanks.
    -Erik

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

i got a pair of 88's. would they be the same?
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Those Dorman manifolds for the 90 TC are not Lincoln logs.
      The Lincoln logs where one year only, so the 88 manifolds would not be the same.
      As for drivers side hangers, just get them for a dual exhaust car if available new or from the JY if they are not.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I figured it would be too easy to just grab them off RockAuto.

I've checked for the hangers new and I can't seem to find them. I guess I can make the universal hangers fit. I was sort of hoping to avoid that though. JYs around here are pretty scarce when it comes to box panthers. Not much left on the island.

The driver's side hanger mount doesn't exist though. I can't remember how it's held on the passenger side... for some reason I want to say it's welded.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

it's bolted on the passenger side, though rust may have welded it on. there's many ways of using large L brackets and universal hangers to get it mounted in the proper location.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Saw some Lincoln logs in the yard when i was getting brake parts, i will go back soon, and if they are still there i will make an attempt to get them. No promises, they looked quite crusty.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffBoudah View Post
              Saw some Lincoln logs in the yard when i was getting brake parts, i will go back soon, and if they are still there i will make an attempt to get them. No promises, they looked quite crusty.
              What yard? I'm heading to the LKQ on Chicago Drive tomorrow morning. Maybe I can pick at them a bit if they're in that one.
              1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I have a pair I scored for $50, they need some work though, they're pretty rusty from sitting in the car without its hood on

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2wd - Magnaflow Axleback exhaust, K&N 63 Series CAI, DiabloSport 87 Octane tune, LEDs, 3000K LED projector fogs, 5000K Mini H1 projectors - Daily
                1967 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan "C-Code" - 289 2bbl/Cruise-O-Matic - Money pit/project

Comment

If you can get them cheap there always worth grabbing. People are always looking to buy them.
                  2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                  2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I got lucky and found me a pair... now I just need to get off my lazy ass and put em on lol

Comment

Cool Thanks! I can pay you for your time, the parts and shipping if so.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                      People are always looking to buy them.
                      Got one right here.

Comment

Make sure you coat the Walker pipes with some sort of rustoleum or something, or they will rust out in a couple years.

1990 Colony Park, with HO swap.

Previously:
                        1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier.
                        88 CVLX
                        01 Marquis

Comment

So that does work! Cool.

When I replaced my Y-pipe earlier this year with the Walker one I gave it a good coat of silver caliper paint thinking that it might help it from rusting out so fast. Good to know it works.

Comment

Working...
                          X