Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok its been quite a while but the 347 - t5 swap is making progress!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idle sounds a hell of a lot better. Wrong set of timing marks would definitely make sense there.

I don't believe the T5 has a synchro for reverse anyway. Grind it till you find it
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

lol, yea, its definitely better, my brother uploaded an in car view, i still need to tweak it a bit but its definitely a lot better.

Comment

See. I'm telling you people, the 5 speed swap is cake. It was one of the easiest things I did to my shit heap.

No burnouts, disappointed. I was doing burnouts before I even had time to put a hood on.

The car was still running on a lawnmower gas tank.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Nice!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

alright guys burnout video's soon! the merc had to be set aside for some house projects but i'm back on track, i fixed the high idle issue, installed a pcv system, and i'm having a driveshaft from an f250 modded to fit the merc, she starts right up and runs fantastic, i can't wait to get vids of it burning rubber! i've been scouting out rear end parts, i'm kicking myself because i missed out on a set of 3.73's for 35.00 on ebay i'm still on the fence if i want to put a spool or just bite the bullet and go with a trac lok, either way i build it both tires will be spinning, lol

video of the idle and rev's sounds much much better with the engine dialed in! ( that revving in the background about 1/2 way through is a 2015 chevy ss v8 that pulled behind me, lol, i could barely hear it over mine!)

https://www.facebook.com/nick.csorba...58898391019592

Nick
            Last edited by Nick52284; 11-05-2015, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Unless it's a dedicated track car there is literally no reason to put a spool in it.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                Unless it's a dedicated track car there is literally no reason to put a spool in it.
                This. Put a track lock in. You'll have plenty of traction and still be able to make turns.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i know the trac lok would be much more practical, but then again, costs a lot more, unless anyone has a good trac lok they want to sell with 28 spline?

Comment

A spool is dangerous on the street...just sayin...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Sweet nice to see its coming along.

With all the money you've got in it just wait and do it right, spool is bad news bears for what you're trying to do. Spool. Spoooooool. Pool. Insert Chris Farley bit about roads here.
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

i'll have to keep looking then, the cheapest used diff unit i found with a 28 spline was almost 300, new is like 500, i made a post in the looking for section

Comment

even if you get a wasted 28 spline... a rebuild kit isn't that bad. Replace the wasted clutches and install.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

They used to be cheaper, but now that everything with an 8.8 runs a 31 spline, the supply of new ones is gone. All thats left are used ones or new aftermarket that cost close to double what the old stock Ford piece did when it was available.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What about the inserts for the open diff? The name lockright comes to mind...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

powertrax lock right

they're kinda spendy too. Of course anything will be kinda spendy for this stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X