Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok its been quite a while but the 347 - t5 swap is making progress!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinforce your firewall where you plan to place the firewall adjuster. If it were me, I would've run a Fast EFI unit or something or rather. That 770 is one big bastard.

Looks good, hurry up!

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

the summit alternator had good reviews and it was fairly cheap so i'll run it till it dies then do the 3g ugrade. i decided to go with a 770 because a friend of mine built a similar set up with the same carb and it ran awesome right out of the box, i know it works well on a 347 from first hand seeing/driving. i'm going to either bolt a plate where the cable runs through or weld a plate there. i'm also thinking about adding some sheet metal where the pedals are going to get bolted. i got a visit from summitclause yesterday, got a few more items in, but i forgot to order the fuel pipe for the carb doh! so i'm gonna order that today. on a side note, are there any aftermarket a/c compressors that have a slightly smaller body that mount up the same, my valve covers are a tad bit too tall, and i need a little more than a 1/4 inch to get all the bolts in, either that or i'm thinking about making my own bracket, i'd rather use the factory ones though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	parts11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	1277443

Name:	parts22.jpg
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1277444
      Last edited by Nick52284; 05-07-2015, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't even waste your time strengthening the pedal holes. They don't flex. The firewall does. A good bit. Known to tear, mine hasn't and I'm not very easy on it.

Looks good. I'm jealous of everyone running this big tube headers and I've got stock fox ones...

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

ahh k, got it, i'm hoping those headers will fit once its in the bay bolted down i know steering shaft location may be tight, other than that i'm going to look into the booster m/cyl options, what did you use? i was looking yesterday and the 91+ panther cylinders had options, the ones i seen without abs only had 1 brake line outlet. is there a specific year booster m/cyl that will work, or is there more to change like prop valve or something like that?

Comment

didn't get to do much today, worked till 8 but i wanted to see what the carb is gonna look like so i installed the studs and set the carb on the gaskets

Name:	engine12.jpg
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	1277456

Comment

Used the 98-02 booster with a non-abs master.

Actually, my master bolted right up and I'm using it. Though, I believe I'm the only one who's been able to do that.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

The old 79-87 cast iron masters bolt on to the 92+ booster, but the push rod doesn't fit quite right. It seems to "work", but if you've put this much work into the engine, there's no reason not to do a rear disc swap and big brake swap, and run the matching 98-02 non abs master.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

And what does that entail with the brake lines at the new non abs master?
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i'm gonna be going to the shop today to start emptying out the engine bay, i'll snap some pics of before and after when i get up there, i'll have to search on the big brake upgrade and the disc swap, i definitely want to do the rear disc swap, if this thing has a lot more git up and go, i want to be able to stop it without massive brake fade, lol

Comment

i've been searching around, is there a specific thread with pics that has the parts needed for the disc swap and big brake swap? i found a few posts but nothing with a complete listing of parts needed

Comment

89+ no change
                        88- changes from double flare to bubble. Prop valve on frame goes away too.

There is a suspension sticky that should have what you seek. On the fone can't link direct. Tech challenged

posting from mah phone. plz to be forgiving bad speeling.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

hmm, maybe mine is weird then with the brake line setup, i have an 86 and it has the prop valve on the frame, i'll dig a little more once i get to the braking system, i'm going to have to put the car up soon to get the old engine mounts off, maybe i'll start a thread in the brake/suspension section, that way i can finger this all out while i have access to a lift. on a side note, i did quite a bit today, i'm still amazed at how rust free this car is after sitting for sooo looonnngggg, we started prepping for body work today along with me cleaning and reconditioning the tail lamps, clearing out the engine bay and removing the booster. lots of pics!

Name:	cleaned out engine bay.jpg
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	1277465

Name:	clean frame.jpg
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	1277466

Name:	clean frame2.jpg
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	1277467

Name:	noboostorecm.jpg
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	1277468

Name:	nomoremoldings.jpg
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	1277469

Name:	headlight bezels.jpg
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	1277470

Name:	tailsgone.jpg
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	1277471

Name:	reconditioned tail lamp.jpg
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1277472

Name:	leftfrontdoor.jpg
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	1277473

Name:	leftreardoor.jpg
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	1277474

Comment

Name:	rightfrontdoor.jpg
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1277475

Name:	rightreardoor.jpg
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	1277476

Name:	sideshot.jpg
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	1277477

Comment

I believe what Gadget was saying in regards to the brake lines is that when installing the newer 98-02 master cylinder on an 88 and down vehicle one would remove the proportioning valve from the frame and discard of it. Now, from that statement one would imagine that the 89 and up models are already missing that valve. Sound correct Thain?
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You're going to get the question. "Why did you choose this to do to this car?"
                                __________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                                X