Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok its been quite a while but the 347 - t5 swap is making progress!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh k, i think i got it now on the brake thing, i already heard that probably a hundred times already, lol, and my answer is, because everybody and their grandmother has a foxbody, i wanted to be different and its actually been a long time goal of mine to make this car a 5 speed since i got my first merc from my dad, he was going to junk it, i found this site and bought a set of used injectors off a member here and installed them myself, car ran fantastic after that, Scott did an awesome full exhaust on that car for me too, ever since then i was hooked! i blame all of you for my addiction, lmao!

Comment

i found the thread for the big brake swap, looks like i have to do some hunting i'm gonna have to find which spring i can go with to give the car a nice drop, i plan on running mustang bullits with the charcoal spokes and silver lip in a 17" size, i don't want to be scraping the ground but i figure it will have a nice look if its dropped about an inch or so

Comment

Originally posted by Nick52284 View Post
        ahh k, i think i got it now on the brake thing, i already heard that probably a hundred times already, lol, and my answer is, because everybody and their grandmother has a foxbody, i wanted to be different and its actually been a long time goal of mine to make this car a 5 speed since i got my first merc from my dad, he was going to junk it, i found this site and bought a set of used injectors off a member here and installed them myself, car ran fantastic after that, Scott did an awesome full exhaust on that car for me too, ever since then i was hooked! i blame all of you for my addiction, lmao!
        for your addiction: you're welcome.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

lol, so addicted its making me go broke, i just ordered the (hopefully) last few odds and ends to complete the fuel system, got an electric fan and some gauges since these cars have nothing but dummy lights. should see a lot of progress over the next 2 weeks, i also picked out the color(s) for the car today, bodywork is starting very soon!

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            I believe what Gadget was saying in regards to the brake lines is that when installing the newer 98-02 master cylinder on an 88 and down vehicle one would remove the proportioning valve from the frame and discard of it. Now, from that statement one would imagine that the 89 and up models are already missing that valve. Sound correct Thain?
            Yes. 89+ has the prop valve screwed into the side of the master cylinder, not down on the frame. I think there is a simple Tee down there for the front lines, but it doesn't have any valve magic in it.

88- would need the frame mounted combo valve (its a proportioning valve, a metering valve, and a 'shuttle' valve all in one block, along with a tee) removed and you'd use the prop valve that would be screwed into the side of a late model master cylinder. You'd need to install a tee to feed juice to both front brakes, or use the stock late model non-ABS plumbing. That setup has a brake hose on the driver's side with a tee built into it for juice distribution. Functionally this makes absolutely no difference, you just need fluid going to both front wheels and it will have to come from a single hole on the side of the master cylinder.
            Last edited by gadget73; 05-14-2015, 10:38 PM.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

got a little more done today, got some more parts in too, i should have the trans hooked to the engine in the next few days then i'll be posting pics of me dropping the engine in, i have a little more work to do on the car itself before i put it in. I want to spray the bay and pre-spray the support, firewall and inner fender the same color that the car is being painted before i put the rad back in and before we paint the car that way we can mask it off and cover the engine

Click image for larger version

Name:	bracketspring.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	1277526

Name:	cellgauges.jpg
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	1277527

Name:	fan.jpg
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	1277528

Name:	fuel linefittings.jpg
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1277529

Name:	fuelline.jpg
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1277530

Name:	gauge.jpg
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1277531

Comment

turns out the 93 booster does in fact bolt right up to the factory master cylinder, i also got more of the engine done and got the engine bay ready, also fabricated the pedals and mounted them along with the cable, almost ready to rock and roll!!! next step is getting the fuel system ready, i ordered some more fittings, gotta wait till they come in so i can get the lines plumbed and the fuel cell mounted. my phone broke this past friday so once i get the new one in tomorrow i'll get pics loaded up, i do have some on the point and shoot but i wanna get pics of the pedals and clutch cable tomorrow.

Comment

got some picture goodness!

putting the pedals side by side its apparent some work needs to be done to give the merc pedal assembly a clutch

Name:	pedals1.jpg
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	1277605

Name:	pedals4.jpg
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1277606

Name:	pedals5.jpg
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1277607

Name:	pedals6.jpg
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1277608

Name:	pedals7.jpg
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1277609

Name:	pedals8.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	1277610

yes i made a booboo and drilled the first hole in the wrong spot, we fixed it once the tube was set in properly and welded it all up

Name:	pedals9.jpg
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1277611

got the pedal in but now what, the brake pedal is too wide, the brake pedal from the mustang assembly won't work, sooo, i used the mustang brake pedal as a guide and cut the factory pedal down so the rubber cover fits the merc brake pedal

Name:	pedals10.jpg
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	1277612

Name:	pedals11.jpg
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	1277613

Name:	pedals12.jpg
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1277614

more pics to upload yet!

Comment

Odd. I used the brake pedal from the mustang, no problem. Make sure your clutch pedal tube is straight, looks kinda odd.

I see you have mechanical secondaries.

Guess this won't be a daily driver, lol. I feel like that carb is a bit to big for the engine as well.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

the engine bay cleaned up, the booster, master cylinder and pedals mounted!

Name:	P5270198.jpg
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	1277615

Name:	P5270203.jpg
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	1277616

Name:	P5270201.jpg
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1277617

Name:	P5270202.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1277618

got the engine ready to drop in, just having a hard time getting the car and the engine together to get it done without getting raped for towing!

Name:	IMG_8334.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1277619

Name:	IMG_8331.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1277620

Name:	IMG_8351.jpg
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	1277621

Comment

the tube is straight, i used a guide once i made the 2nd hole, the carb is actually vacuum secondaries, so i can cruise with it, it may be a little on the big side but i'll have to see how it is once i get it running, a guy at my shop built the same thing just about and used that same carb and his ran fine so i'm hoping this one does too, lol

Comment

the brake pedal from the mustang had the booster rod attach further up the pedal, i wanted to keep the booster rod in the factory location, if i would have used the mustang pedal the rod would have been angled up once mounted

Comment

Ya, I had to cut down the factory panther brake pedal as well.
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Which hole did you end up using to mount the clutch tube?
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

So I gotta ask, whats with the AC eliminator pulley and no smog pump? You can just eliminate that second belt entirely if you want. It doesn't drive anything now.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X