Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok its been quite a while but the 347 - t5 swap is making progress!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like it's firing with the intake valve open.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yea i thought about it last night and when i re-clocked the dizzy to make room for the coolant fitting, my dumbass forgot to set the crank on 10 degrees, i just dropped the dizzy in when the piston got to the top, apparently its pretty far off because i checked it right when i got home and with the pointer very close to #1 its at about 45 degrees, i might be a tooth off on the dizzy, i'll put it back to tdc and make sure to line the timing marks up this time then re-drop the dizzy in, should clear it up. gadget, the instructions state to give it full dedicated 12v with key on so i should be good there. thanks for the tip! if it does it again i'll just crank it, i'm gonna wait to fire it again till i fix the dizzy and get the fuel system running so once i get it stable i can break the cam in, its getting close though!! Sly, it probably is once i saw how far the timing is off, thats what i get for working out in a 98 degree garage without taking a break for 12 hours, lol, i was determined to get it going and didn't pay attention to the timing marks

Comment

Roller cams don't need much of a break in, mainly just the piston rings/bearings do.

This thing better do burnouts.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

how did you run your clutch cable? where did you mount it? i'm having an issue with where to mount the cable, right now where its mounted, even with adjuster tightened all the way its still too loose, maybe the cable i got is too long?

Comment

its been raining every friggin day here so i havent been able to get out there and do a whole lot the past few days which bumms me out

Comment

got a lot done today, installed the radiator and fan, filled the coolant, bled the brakes, flushed and filled the power steering system, hung the x-pipe, adjusted and made a temporary clutch cable mount till i order a firewall adjuster, lol, and worked on some wiring. i still need to finish the wiring, install the gauges, and finish the fuel system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0147.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1277891

Name:	IMAG0148.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1277892

Name:	IMAG0149.jpg
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1277893

Name:	IMAG0152.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1277894

Name:	IMAG0153.jpg
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1277895

Name:	IMAG0155.jpg
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1277896

Name:	IMAG0156.jpg
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	1277897

Name:	IMAG0158.jpg
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	1277898

Name:	IMAG0161.jpg
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1277899

Comment

Hunk of wood firewall adjustor!
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Even with the firewall adjuster you'll still probably need to make an angled spacer of some kind. Seems most people had too, including myself.
                  2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                  2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Can the cable be shortened with a new crimp on end or something similar?
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It's not really the cable length that's the issue, more the angle of the firewall. I had issues with the cable rubbing and fraying on the inside of the adjuster and I know a few others have as well.
                      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I was actually toying with the idea or making a bracket, that re-clocks the quadrants position. Still would need to angle the cable though, since it will cut into the plastic end of the cable jacket.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

lol yea, the wood is temporary till i order a good firewall adjuster, i might be able to squeeze a crimp in there but i don't wanna risk it popping out and not being able to engage the clutch. today i ran the new fuel line to the back and finished removing the old lines along with the tank. tomorrow i'm going to test fit the fuel cell and hopefully get that mounted, either that or work on the wiring and gauges, depends on how sore i am from today with all the crawling around on the ground i did, lol

Comment

i wonder how hard it would be to adapt a hydraulic clutch system to the t-5 on a budget, i know they sell the conversion kits but i don't want to spend another 550+

Comment

That's what me and GMGT were figuring the logistics about. Since I'm due for a tranny upgrade sometime soon, when I put the TKO in there I may take some time to figure it out..

But cable is sure-win and can't go wrong, works or doesn't.

Mines a very bad example because my firewall flexes and I recreated that "Wedge" with a folded piece of steel behind my adjuster.

The clutch cable is the hardest part of the entire thing. But it's not overly complicated. Just an easy corner to cut to get into running shape.
                              __________________________________________________

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Is the issue the alignment of the clutch cable to the quadrant? And the firewall does not allow you to mount the adjustor on the same horizontal plane? I just want to understand what is really going on here.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X