No announcement yet.

5.0ho swap not running right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True jaywish. I will do firing order in the morning and post what heppens.

Comment

90s and early 2000s Vics have a nice 4 hole injector too, and their fuel rail is such that its a piece of cake to snatch them out of there.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks gadget!!

Comment

Ok switched my firing order to 351 and thats with ho cam 14#injectors and stock tc ecm..fired it up and whole motor kinda just shakes side to side stays running tho but sounds and looks like its on the verge of stalling. U can see it by the belt and fan rotation how slow its going.annd with lopo firing order it idles stronger n more normal.also with 351 firing order ii get the faint whiff of gas when i first crank up the car

Comment

Could the wrong spark plugs do this?

Comment

Stock tc ecm and 351/HO firing order is no Buenos.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolntcfan View Post
                Ok switched my firing order to 351 and thats with ho cam 14#injectors and stock tc ecm..fired it up and whole motor kinda just shakes side to side stays running tho but sounds and looks like its on the verge of stalling. U can see it by the belt and fan rotation how slow its going.annd with lopo firing order it idles stronger n more normal.also with 351 firing order ii get the faint whiff of gas when i first crank up the car
                How are you changing the firing order using a HO cam and lopo ECM? There is only one way the ECM has to be repined you cant just switch plug wires.
                Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

This thing is turning out more complicated than it has to be methinks.
                  1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Needs d9s and 19# injectors to run right.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yea i know marquis man but when i stick in my d9s with 351 or lopo firing order ran on my cap it wont stay running more than a few secs

Comment

Yea true true how about this
                        Ill post results in a week or so with all the right pieces put on the car then we go from their..this mismatch whats this do w/wo this part shit aint making it no better

Comment

Ok one last thing im mechanically inclined and what not. any tips or special tools needed to get to the injectors for replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by HiFiMerc View Post
                            This thing is turning out more complicated than it has to be methinks.

Yes, yes it is.

I think we need to step back a bit.

Are you sure the engine swapped in was an HO? I know you said it's out of an LSC, but you never know. Double check it has e7 heads. Was the donor engine running fine before hand? The timing is set at 10* BTDC with the SPOUT unplugged?

If so, it has an HO cam, and you have to use the HO firing order. Don't waste your time with the lopo firing order, it's not right.

You need a HO Speed Density ECU, which the D9S is. Don't waste your time with the lopo computer, it's not right.

You need 19# injectors. Be it the old chode pintle style or the newer skinny 4 holes. While there's some variation on why you should use what we won't get into this. Don't waste your time on the 14# injectors, there not right.

Spark plugs are different between lopo's and HO's. While it will run on lopo plugs, put in the proper HO ones.

You said you used the stock lopo upper intake, EGR spacer, and TB. That is fine for now, your losing some power, but it will run decent.

I don't know what your doing for exhaust, but it should run decent enough with, well, anything.

Now if it's still running like shit, you have other problems. But until you at least have all the right parts, at best your chasing yourself in circles.
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I second double checking the distributor setup. Timing and rotation.

Take and post close up picture of an injector, they may already be 19lb injectors.

It is possible that the computer you got is NG. Still change one thing at a time to isolate problems.

I have not tried it but I suspect that even with 14lb injectors, with the correct cam, firing order, timing and injector pulses, it should be smooth in the lower RPM ranges.

Most importantly, as pantera said, You must be sure it is an actual HO.
                              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

19 lb injectors are called gold but look more like orange wether 4 hole or single... 14lbs are grey
                                Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                                X