No announcement yet.

92 Grand Marquis 5.0 engine build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Just making sure. The engine will basically keep its factory rev limit.
    1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
    Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
    Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
    sigpic

Comment

I've always ran stock replacement pumps and have never had an issue.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Yep, no need for a high-volume pump. As for that cam, I still have it if you want it. Going to use the other one I have for my build, very soon....

Comment

Yep, no need for a high-volume pump. As for that cam, I still have it if you want it. Going to use the other one I have for my build, very soon.... Also will have an e303 if you really want it. Better than an HO but crap compared to most aftermarket cams these days.

Comment

You also really should not use a non-stock pump unless the block has been modified for it. Without improved oil returns, its entirely possible to pump all the oil to the top of the motor and have the pump suck air because its not draining back down fast enough. A bigger capacity pan will mostly get around that, but there really is no need for it.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Right now in the process of picking out pistons for the 302. Going with .030 overbore. I was thinking of these forged pistons. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dms-e302-030 with these I should be near 9.6 compression. Could go up to 10:1 if I resurface the heads to the point that the gt40p heads become 58cc heads. Don't think I will do that also because since they are steel heads and high compression with steel heads are not good I think. I will us 93 octane on it. Also what is the stock compression height on factory pistons?
              1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
              Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
              Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
              sigpic

Comment

Trick Flow Stage 1 cam

I ran it all summer and it was beautiful for drivability and had a nice muscle car idle. a

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                X