No announcement yet.

another 351w swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See if you can come up with better bracketry than the Lokar bullshit. Its really really cheesy. A crimp on the end of the cable would be a good idea too. It will fray on you otherwise, and it will give it something to pull against when the single set screw holding it together loosens up. Absolutely do not like those things, unfortunately nobody else makes anything that is less bullshit so you're stuck with that or making your own brackets to use a factory TV cable. Frankly, that would be my preference.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

End of thread. The dude that sold me the car that swore he had a title for lied. He finally fessed up and said he don't have one. In South Carolina I have caught he'll trying to get a title. So this one is done.

Luckily I didn't spend money on the car but the essentials for now and all engine related stuff. Still money lost and I live in chevy country so getting rid of it ain't been easy.
      Wide open until you see God, then BRAKE
      sigpic

Comment

If you can't get a title for it in any way at all, maybe strip everything you can from it and sell it to a derby guy. Hate to say it, but you'd probably get more that way vs selling it for scrap. Hate it when people waste your time with shit like that.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Got any friends in GA? They are a no title state. Possible they could register it and then sell back to you?

In VA we can apply for an abandoned car title. DMV contacts last known owner, and after a certain period of time, you get a title. It's that easy unless there is a lien. I checked in your state but it doesn't appear to work the same way.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

In MI we have a "self certification" process for a title, it's mainly to be used for something that was bequeathed and the original title was lost, or you lost it after the purchase and cannot get in contact with the old owner. Car needs to older than 10yrs and blue book for under $2500.
            Last edited by JeffBoudah; 06-19-2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

In other words, not worth stealing?

Comment

I would love to do all that but unfortunately south Carolina is terrible for a reason. Their dmv services is aweful. This state operates where as if the title isn't in there face, your dead in the water.

I am going there tomorrow to hopefully get some assistance. If no good news I will just snatched the power train out and I guess part it out or something.

It's my fault for believing in people and all. Stupid people.
                sigpic

Comment

so basically i have to give the dmv a few hundred dollars for them to take 2 to 4 months to do a title search. and they can only provide me with the name of the person the car is registered to and where was it originally titled address. the problems:
                  1. they unfortunately for them and me be dead
                  2. be alive not at the address
                  3. be alive see my letter mistake it for junk and not respond
                  4. see my letter and demand their car back even tho i bought it

so i am done with this car. i am comtemplating getting a 1986 volvo 240 wagon and pull the engine, trans, driveshaft, and rearend out the crown vic and drop it in a TITLED car.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a winner. I wouldn't want to fork out that much for a "well, maybe" situation either.

Comment

I have a clean titled 2-door I've been considering unloading...I'm in the upstate...are you in a huge rush?
                      '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Working...
                      X