No announcement yet.

Driveline doctor bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad you did it those cars are worth it. The odometer has flipped over in the police car 4 working on 5 times on the original engine and suspension we will never sell this baby. Are you going to get a 5.0 EFI HO for your car
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Four to five times?? You mean, like... 400-500K miles?

As far as conversions? I'm not going to afford much of anything other than valve cover gaskets, after this!

Have to go get my other car's CV joint fixed, CV boot replaced, manual transmission needs new bushings, and get it $mogged, next month... but that's another story. It's not concerning a
      Rocinante, 1985 Grand Marquis LS with all the trimmings.

Comment

lol yep but the engine even tho it's still strong it's on it last legs we could rebuild it and it would be like new ...but we want that 347. In time you could do the 5.0 you don't have to do it soon um I hope! were not doing stuff for are car right now someday tho someday we will have the money saved up for it

Comment

Hard to say, the engine seems to have potential but other than a couple of times, I didn't want to really push it until the driveline problems were solved. Once I get 'er home, I'll find out.
          We scraped the money together so I can pay the shop when I pick up the car tomorrow. I'm down to about $20 to my name, right now.
          If I had the choice between getting the GM back on the road and eating, well, heck, I can live on chicken soup and potatoes for a while. :P

Comment

yeah same way here! funny my cuz had 1000 bucks and it went by so quick from bills and gas plus car payments its hard to save up money but at least hes got something to get to work and back we were thinking about what if we sell the Benz what were going to do with the money and the police car came up we would use that money for the new engine and the supercharger and whatever is left we will use on the suspension and brake's. I can get it to look good for around 200 bucks so thats no big deal.I am having pancakes for dinner since im so cheep lol

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rectangular Car
              Talking myself into feeling better about spending that much... heh. I didn't have to buy this car, so it's basically like getting a decent working car for about $700 so far. No wait, I got new tires... make that around $1000. :P
              The way I look at it-
              You didn't go out and spend $1000 on diamond-studded seat covers or some shit like that. Good tires are a great investment in performance, comfort and SAFETY. If the driveshaft had let go it could have cause alot more than $1000 in deductible and surcharges(after the accident). Plus now you have rear brakes that actually WORK, instead of oily slippery ones. So you did work to the car which isn't exactly like modding it or anything but you'll be glad you did it in the long run.
              Like you said, now that the driveline is in good shape now you can get on it a little bit.
              My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

Ha, no, I don't really want to put any extra bling on the car, it will only attract the wrong kind of attention. I have the hubcaps off to clean them more thoroughly after the trip, but I just want to keep it up, is all...
                I called the guy this morning, and he had put another $6.00 on the bill. I said, uhm, my bill says this amount. So he said, ah, okay, so it does.

This is the place I'm having the work done. :worship:
                Robert's Collision & Repair has been providing Monterey collision and auto repair services to Monterey county's residents and the surrounding areas since 1996.

Comment

Hoo, got the car back! It sure looks tidy under there, now. Turns out they do have a gasket for the pumpkin. Mmkay.

There's a good sized hill to climb before reaching home, and Rocinante had no trouble staying at 65, at the steepest part it did get down to 60 but even a new SUV behind me was getting a bit boggy on the hilll, and losing speed. I left him behind, at least till we got over the hill...

Anyway... :woot:

Next project, new shocks and springs. But that will have to wait a while... they are all right for now, but I can tell they've seen better days. I need more moneyyy for parts...

Comment

Awesome, glad to hear you got it fixed. Now, are those going to be PI springs and shocks?
                    Nick
                    88 Colony Park LS
                    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Always nice to get the car back-working!
                      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Aye. I put the hub caps back on, now that they are polished and blingy, but one of them has an annoying click... I can ignore it for a while, but I'm a bit OCD about things not being exactly right. Gadz. Have to find the loose spoke and put a drop of epoxy in there. :slug:

You know, I haven't thought about what kind of shocks and springs, I've only just started thinking about it.
                        This car has the automatic shock adjuster setup in the back, for when there's more passengers, and stuff in the trunk. But the car sat really low while I was traveling, so I think they are wearing out... I think this is for another topic...

Comment

Get Edelbrock IAS Performers and an air bag spring assist... That's my vote!

Comment

If you need any info about how to make the auto-level air shock system work with aftermarket shocks, let me know. Its extremely simple and requires a fairly inexpensive part. I set mine back up and it works great.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rectangular Car
                              either way you look at it, you could buy a new car for $25K, and then 5 years later get a new engine for it, or you can get a used car in decent shape and put a few thousand into it, and it comes out the same.
                              I think though in 5 years, I'll have a car with 200K miles on it and still going finest kind.
                              Word. I just dropped a rebuilt tranny in, replaced tv and throttle cable (Lokar), and am in the process of installing a floor shifter (column shift linkage problem needed eliminating). Kept me poor and riding the bus for a while but it is worth it in my book. Luckily the only things left that need fixin are front bearings, the window bushings, and the valve cover gaskets, that and prolly new O2 sensors.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Gaw, you guys make it sound so easy...

Comment

Working...
                                X