Grabby brakes '86 MGM 5/0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grabby brakes '86 MGM 5/0

Just curious........recently after a rain storm I found that the brakes became very 'grabby' and actually locked up a few times. Does intense dampness effect the brake lining like this?. This is a first, and never happen previously.

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
    Just curious........recently after a rain storm I found that the brakes became very 'grabby' and actually locked up a few times. Does intense dampness effect the brake lining like this?. This is a first, and never happen previously.
    Unless there is some kind of damage to the brakes or serious dirt got in, a good dry out and they should be fine.
    What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Thanks Frankie

Comment

usually flash rust on the rotor, makes it extra grippy until you stop a few times and polish it off. Everything I own does it.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Forklift we have at work does this too. Quite annoying and always wondered why it did it when it was used outside in damp, rainy weather.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Many thanks gents!

Comment

Working...
            X