Core Support Chassis Bracing Install*Pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Core Support Chassis Bracing Install*Pics*

So I guess I've become obsessed with getting this car as stiff and structurally sound as it can possibly be.

Just installed it,and I thought someone might care to know,that the core support bracing from the 79-85 Cadillac Eldorado will fit our core supports almost perfectly.

Last week I finally junked my rusted out 85 eldorado,but before I did I raped it of all it's chassis bracing,this is the Third chassis bracing install of many to come on my LTD.
    Last edited by LTDMan83; 09-28-2010, 09:19 PM.

I'm really sorry to let you know this, but stiffening the body is not stiffening the chassis. These cars are body on frame. The entire body is mounted to the frame through rubber bushings. So stiffening the body has no effect on the chassis.

Pretty neat though.

Comment

stiffening the body is good, as yes it does offer some support.......without the body of a panther, that frame would twist like a pretzel

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
        I'm really sorry to let you know this, but stiffening the body is not stiffening the chassis. These cars are body on frame. The entire body is mounted to the frame through rubber bushings. So stiffening the body has no effect on the chassis.

Pretty neat though.

Yes,I know what these cars are and how they are mounted.

And Actually,stiffening up the Body IS in turn stiffening up the Chassis.The body is the biggest chassis brace of all,and the stiffer you can make the body,is the stiffer the Chassis is gonna be in turn.

I've studied this subject throughly and I know about the actual dynamics that happen between the Body and Chassis during hard cornering,and their effect on one another.I've allready felt the results of Body Bracing first hand,first with the wagon fender braces,and now these core support braces,both made a small noticeable improvement in ride quality (Stiffness) and handling during hard cornering.

But,I guess I should have named this thread "Core Support Body Bracing Install",so that no one gets confused.

I will continue to add more Body and Chassis Bracing over time,besides what the TC has to take from it,most will be custom and non-ford parts,Stay Tuned.

Comment

No. The body is doing as much as it can for the chassis now. You wanna really siffen it up do some direct frame mods.

Run a brace between to two forks that stick out in front of the engine. That will do a huge amount for stiffening the chassis where it is needed the most (the front suspension).

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
            No. The body is doing as much as it can for the chassis now. You wanna really siffen it up do some direct frame mods.

Run a brace between to two forks that stick out in front of the engine. That will do a huge amount for stiffening the chassis where it is needed the most (the front suspension).
            Or buy a towncar, since we're special and have one there already
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X