new suspension... (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smoke'n'rattle View Post
    Those 275s are way too wide for an 8" wide wheel, install them on 10"-wide wheel instead and they will look better, wear better, and grip better.
    8" rims are the perfect size for 275 tires. They fall right in the middle of allowable rim widths for that tire.
    Per the manufacturer, 10" would be too wide.

I've had 275's on 8" rims for a couple of years now.
    They look great, they wear just fine, and the grip is awesome.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Enigma; 04-28-2009, 12:04 PM.
    1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
    1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
    1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

well i ordered everything and the rims and rubber get put on on friday! haha yeah it looks kinda mean but a little funny with the "little" tires in the back hehe... I get some confused looks. Thanks again for all the help and comments lately... I will post my new pics by the weekend for ya's for sure!

yeah i heard about Jason, and i wish i new him but from what i've seen he was a pretty cool guy... and his car is kick-ass and its what got me wanting those rims and tire sizes. so a few years later he's still inspiring a 17 year old like me to do up these good old mercs. so thanks to him.
      Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
      HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

Working...
      X