No announcement yet.

Towncar air-ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gadget73, so are you implying to use the pre-existing hoses that are on the car to the air shocks?

Will the load leveling airshocks give as nice comfortable ride as the tockiyo OEm shocks (air ride)?

Would the adapter be included in the kit? or is the adapter found by itself?
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

you use the pre-existing feed from the air compressor to one of the shocks. I think they feed in on the driver's side. Connect the adapter to that, and the output of the adapter goes to each new shock. The existing line from side to side does not get used. The adapter you buy in addition to the shocks. Replacements will probably ride comparable to the originals when they were newer, but consider you're comparing new shocks to 25 year old dead ones. They aren't going to feel the same but its not like you have a lot of choices in the matter.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        you use the pre-existing feed from the air compressor to one of the shocks. I think they feed in on the driver's side. Connect the adapter to that, and the output of the adapter goes to each new shock. The existing line from side to side does not get used. The adapter you buy in addition to the shocks. Replacements will probably ride comparable to the originals when they were newer, but consider you're comparing new shocks to 25 year old dead ones. They aren't going to feel the same but its not like you have a lot of choices in the matter.
        They are on the drivers side. I am having a devil of a time finding the adapter!!! so the original adapter on the drivers side wouldn't be re-used? Or iis it that it work screw on properly to the shock housing>?

So you use the line provided with the air shocks to go between the shocks then, right?

I just don't want it bouncing like a school bus. (I had a pair of gabriel air shocks on my GM, it rode like a truck!!!)

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
        -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I can't find this adapter for 12 dollars , its not AK14, right?

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
          -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I don't remember the part number. It looks like a brass T. Also consider I bought that like 5 years ago, the price has probably changed since then.

the lines on the new air shocks are differently sized than the originals, thats why you need the adapter.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah I got the adapter it seems the t part fis the hose that comes with the monroe air shocks

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
              -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Working...
              X