Tires for 17x8 with 4.5 backspacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires for 17x8 with 4.5 backspacing

What tire size should I look at? And any suggestions to a tire that would be great.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

I saw 255 55 17 were suggested a while ago with that still be the best and wont screw up my speed o much?
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

255/50/17
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

thanx velvet elvis
        sigpic

Comment

255/45/17 is perfect. I have them on my car, and I have verified on several occasions with GPS and 2 miles of road, that my speedo is accurate to within 1mph at 80mph.

Also a 275/40/17 is a great match as well. Though 275 is a bit of a squeeze on an 8" wheel.

BTW, just and FYI in case you didn't realize it, 17X8 wheels with 4.5" BS are 0 offset wheels. Which is the right wheels for these cars I run 0 offset 17X9's.
          Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 09-11-2009, 08:30 AM.

Comment

im running 255/50-17s on my 97, speedo reads 1mph slow
            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

i found a good deal on set of 255/50 17 so i think i am gunna go with them.... next time around i ll got 45. But My wheels are on their way gunna pick up tires on monday and than i am set to look sexy. Blaze what is your suspension setup? Cause I saw it before but i would like to get it from the man himself cause I love your cars stance and I thinking of doing it on mine in the winter. I kinda tired of the high ass haha
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 83countrysquire View Post
                Blaze what is your suspension setup?
                You know how in the way rockets are constructed, in that the USA uses one or two large rocket engines, and the Russians use several smaller engines to lift payload into space?

Due to his involvement in the USA Space Program, and seeing how ineffective it is at times, Blaze has gone the 'Russian' route with his spring setup. Instead of one large coil spring that could break and leave him in a bit of a vehicular boggle if one of the large single springs were to do so, he has adopted the Russian model and taped thousands of ball-point-pen springs together into a brown-packing-tape-colored bundle at each wheel.

Judging by the videos....it looks like it works.

Comment

LOL!

I have 925lb 12" springs in the front, and 225lb 14" springs in the rear. I would suggest that you go with a 200lb 14" spring for the rear to lower it a little, and be a slight bit smoother. I personally want a bit lower, but really can't since I use my car for towing. If I could though, I'd probably get some 800lb-ish 12" front springs, and cut some amount of coil off (which would raise the spring rate) till I got to my desired height. And then I'd have to figure out what to do for the rear springs because I would need it lower, but I would like to still have about 200lb rate springs in the rear.
                  Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 09-14-2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

hmm interesting... I just got my Torque thrusts IIs TODAY!! they look in great condition and just need to get tires... also I got them for 500 bux shipped!! which is like 400 for wheels and good ones to boot so excited to put these babies on.
                    sigpic

Comment

ended up with the 45s because i didnt feel like waiting a month for tires so hopefully they will look good... till i lower it a bit in spring
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X