ride height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ride height

I just bought a 89 GM and had to change all the rear suspension. the passenger side coil was actually broken and just sitting on the axle, it fell out when i jacked it up.

Anyways, now that i've changed the parts the passenger side is still 1/4" lower. Would that significantly affect alignment? The car still pulls to the right, in serious need of an alignment, but i wonder if the small difference in ride height would also have an effect.

Thanks,
    Shane.

If your front spring is sagging it could affect alignment...how much I'm not sure but it's best to have it aligned, also check your body mounts, if it's not the springs you body mounts may be going..as they are in my car, which sags on the passenger's side about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch.

But definitely get it aligned asap if its pulling
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

yeah, front spring can cause a lean. I would have a close look in there to verify thats not what happened before springing for an alignment. If its just a slightly saggy spring, it shouldn't affect the alignment enough to really matter though.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X