Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'cuz everything's in pieces, duh.
    Originally posted by gadget73
    There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
    91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
    93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
    Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
    Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
    95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
      *doesn't know much about transmission innards*

why's he need a new one?
      I have cleaned everything, assembled it together (the same way it was before...) but now I have troubles with high main pressure - no upshift from 1st gear, basically I believe that first I shall try valve body (two springs were broken I have replaced them, but maybe there is problem), than governor and then new transmission
      sigpic

Comment

ah... I was wondering if something looked obvious in the picture (other than it being apart).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
          I can see why you're needing a new one.
          Pirate is commenting on the dirty rag/blanket all the valve body pieces are dis-assembled on. ANY amount of fine grit, lint or dirt in the bores and on the parts will cause them to hang and/stick.
          2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
          89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
          88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Iffy View Post
            I have cleaned everything, assembled it together (the same way it was before...) but now I have troubles with high main pressure - no upshift from 1st gear, basically I believe that first I shall try valve body (two springs were broken I have replaced them, but maybe there is problem), than governor and then new transmission
            I would suspect your TV pressure is set too high. make sure the TV lever on the side of the transmission is installed correctly and the nut holding it on is NOT over tightened. I made this mistake the first time I put an AOD in a car. basically the nut holding the TV lever and the shift linkage was too tight. because of this, the TV linkage did NOT move freely. when I moved the shift selector into the Drive position it was pulling the TV lever to the maximum pressure position and the transmission would not shift out of 1st gear.
            2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
            89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
            88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post
              Pirate is commenting on the dirty rag/blanket all the valve body pieces are dis-assembled on. ANY amount of fine grit, lint or dirt in the bores and on the parts will cause them to hang and/stick.
              the rag is dirty only because of the old ATF (it was between red and black..burned clutches), this is before the valve body has been cleaned as well as all valves, springs etc, before assembling I have used other clean rag.

Unfortunately I believe I have already tried whether the nut is over tightened, that is not the problem Even with the shift linkage and TV cable unconnected and with the the lever all the way back the TV pressure as well as the main line pressure was too high (now I do not remember how high, but cca three times more it should be)
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X