No announcement yet.

bigger bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well since the frame mounts are probably the same, I don't thin it would work to well, but nice try

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

for the record, '92+ panther bars are completely different and dont work on a box.
      Thank you for this information, now I might not waste my time.

You'd have to install the newer upper A arms to make the fronts work, and youd have to cut and re-weld a large amount of the area between frame rails on the rear to make a rear bar work.
      The older style A-arms are too big/heavy IMHO for my car. It's heavy enough as it is...
      BUT I might put a nine-inch in it, and I'll be welding that anyway....

BUT it looks to me like a front box bar will work on a newer panther, since the lower A-arms are the same... they look like they still have the box bar link holes in them.
      Affirmative. My lower control arms have a mounting hole for the older-style endlinks..

Thank You and
      Good Day
      1993 GM LS 244K
      29.5mm PI front bar, ENS greaseable bushings, 21mm rear bar, ENS bushings, endlinks. Black steelies, center caps. Stewart-Warner mechanical oil pressure guage. K&N filter

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 144K
      All airbags are now coils/struts. Junk tranny, motor donor car

Mercury Owners Group

If you don\'t like what I have to type, don\'t read it. It is only my opinion, nothing more.

Comment

Working...
      X