Polyurethane coil spring isolators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
    You must know something I don't, because I'm not finding anything definite. I spent over an hour on energy suspension's site and the only sizing listings I can find are for the universal parts. I also browsed through their catalog but no measurements are available there. I already know the Town Car measurements but I can't find anything on Fox Mustangs. Perhaps I'm using the wrong search terms on Google, but I still haven't found anything there either.
    I see ES is not showing as much as before, but in general between google and the es site you find out the part numbers for the isolators in question, mustang and caprice, compare to the ES dimensions against some stockers and bob's yer uncle as they say.

Not trying to be obnoxious here, I can't find the p/n's I know I have written down here somewhere. I seem to remember them as Caprice parts, Zoomie shows Mustang pieces, I have a feeling both are different, you just got to keep digging around until you can confirm one or the other.

Alex.
    Last edited by GM_Guy; 05-11-2011, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Sorry to bring up a dead thread.

But Alex, is this the ES upper spring isolator that will work on a '79-91 CV?
      http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...sp?prod=3.6108

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Part numbers. They fit 79-2011. Second one is same as first one but 1/4" thicker.

Comment

Awesome! Thank you very much!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

That's for the rear btw. I don't think there are any in front.

Comment

Cool. I'm looking for the rear. I never replaced them when I replaced the rear springs. The front isolators came with the front end poly suspension kit for the '92 CV. That worked perfectly on my car.

Comment

the front spring isolators come with the front bushing bushing kits from ES... search for 92-02 front bushings and that kit will fir 79-02 civi setups.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

what he said. There are front isolators, they sit on the top of the spring against the frame. I think its the 92-97 bushing kit that is needed though. One of the lower control arm bushings changed somewhere along the line. Its compatible, but you'd have to change the arm to use the later bushing or something.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    what he said. There are front isolators, they sit on the top of the spring against the frame. I think its the 92-97 bushing kit that is needed though. One of the lower control arm bushings changed somewhere along the line. Its compatible, but you'd have to change the arm to use the later bushing or something.
                    Just did mine last month. All the bushings for the kid for the 92 crown vic work with stock box control arms. Front spring isolator as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X