92 swaybar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 swaybar

Will a rear sway bar from a 92 Vic fit my 85 Vic? I found one for $30 and really want it if it fits. Also, I think the front bar is bigger, so can I use that too?
    85' Crown Vic 2dr. Small tire stock block grudge car.
    09’ CTS-V family car making over 700whp with ease.
    79’ f350 427 ls7 swapped with th400. Prerunner setup
    64’ c30 dually. Slammed and turbo 5.3 with 4l80e

Originally posted by 85ltd View Post
    Will a rear sway bar from a 92 Vic fit my 85 Vic? I found one for $30 and really want it if it fits. Also, I think the front bar is bigger, so can I use that too?

The 92 rear sway bar will not work on an 85! and it's very small, not worth it.

The front may? bolt on but it's probably hollow and again, not worth it!

Look around for box CVPI front and rear sway bars! Those are the ones you'll want!

Comment

Wagon bars were hollow, and slightly larger in diameter than P72 bars, and are alleged to be just about as stiff. I haven't yet bothered to compare them on the same car, though.

I've heard of at least some '92-up front bars being 1.25" OD, which would be excellent - provided they fit.

For rear swaybars, if his car doesn't have one, anything that fits is an improvement. Doesn't the '92 have the newfangled end-link arrangement, though? That would involve some fabricatey cleverness to get it to mount up.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

okay, It is a police packaged 92, even if I fabricate a little, will it still not be worth it?
        85' Crown Vic 2dr. Small tire stock block grudge car.
        09’ CTS-V family car making over 700whp with ease.
        79’ f350 427 ls7 swapped with th400. Prerunner setup
        64’ c30 dually. Slammed and turbo 5.3 with 4l80e

Comment

Originally posted by 85ltd View Post
          okay, It is a police packaged 92, even if I fabricate a little, will it still not be worth it?
          Even if it's a police package I still don't think it's worth it. The rear bar will have to be made to fit, and it will be small compared to a box CVPI bar which is massive. The front will fit if it attaches to the lower arms. But if it attaches to the spindles, forget it!!
          And be sure to check and make sure the police bar is not hollow, it probably isn't but who knows?

I still think you'll be happier with the sway bars that were ment for your car. And that in the long run they would be easier and cheaper to install that those from a 92.

Been there, done that and got the T-shirt!

Just my

Comment

Working...
          X