00 police steering box rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

00 police steering box rebuild

got a 2ooo box to rebuild for $56 gonna sand blast it then get a master reseal kit for $45 then prime,paint and install during the summer.gotta do something during the winter
    Attached Files

Very cool. I'd like to do something like this but have no idea how, so I'm bookmarking this thread

Pete
    Originally posted by gadget73
    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Looks really clean even before the sand blast.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Can you get the internals, or is everything OK inside?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the kit i think comes with bearings and seals.the box was in a 150,000 mile bronx cop car. the insides look good but if i can i will replace everything that i can.
          Attached Files

Comment

got box primed and gonna order my rebuild kit soon.got some pictures also i might need some special tools for this project.
            also painted my power steering pump.
            Attached Files

Comment

I rebuilt those boxes in school. Those little balls fucking sucked! Good luck on this project!

Comment

thanks.got more done and had to make a tool to get the worm bearing race nut out. now i have to get these valve sleeve rings on and gonna have to find some way to do it
                Attached Files

Comment

painted steering box.now can put it together
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X