Driveshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driveshaft

Does the 98 and up shaft (Gigity) fit the boxes?? P71 Etc?? I know is been talked about before but wasn't sure.. My car has an aluminum shaft already but is on its way out after dropping it a while back.. the yoke is pretty fucked up.. But anyway thanks for the help mangs..

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
    Does the 98 and up shaft (Gigity) fit the boxes?? P71 Etc?? I know is been talked about before but wasn't sure.. My car has an aluminum shaft already but is on its way out after dropping it a while back.. the yoke is pretty fucked up.. But anyway thanks for the help mangs..
    The P71 shafts are shorter. I estimated that you could use a P71 tail housing (4R70W and AOD tail housings are interchangeable) and a P71 driveshaft in a box.

Comment

Will this work in a towncar with out having to change the tail housing?

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodtc View Post
        Will this work in a towncar with out having to change the tail housing?
        You would have to use a combo U-joint with your original yoke and then it would work.

Comment

Not on a Towncar. The driveshafts are a couple inches longer on the Lincoln, and Vic parts just don't reach. You my friend are stuck with using Lincoln parts, and I've never seen an aluminum Lincoln driveshaft. I'm told they exist, but are rare and almost always destroyed in the junkyard.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Temporary insanity. I was thinking about a Town Car transmission in a CV...

Comment

Ok cool thanks mangs Wasn't sure Im not gunna swap tail shafts Ill just try and find another aluminum box one like mine

Comment

I've got an aluminium Box driveshaft .... :-D :3gears: :slug:
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Ok cool thanks mangs Wasn't sure Im not gunna swap tail shafts Ill just try and find another aluminum box one like mine
                  I have an extra one to sell...

Comment

I'm not sellin mine.
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS
                    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                      I've got an aluminium Box driveshaft .... :-D :3gears: :slug:
                      And other things I want Haha.. But yea thanks guys Im just gunna find one over in dem Junkyards around these parts.. Imagine tryin to ship that thing Ha.. There's always plentiful panthers in the boneyards over here.. Was just wnderin what year did they stop putting AOD's in panthers?? Maybe I can grab one out of an Aero Body??

Thanks Mangs!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                        I have an extra one to sell...

I may be interested if it is in fact a Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis Aluminum one.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

..... Was just wnderin what year did they stop putting AOD's in panthers?? Maybe I can grab one out of an Aero Body??..
                          The Aero AOD one will NOT work. It is too long.

... Im just gunna find one over in dem Junkyards around these parts.. Imagine tryin to ship that thing Ha..
                          No need to ship. I get down near and to Chicagoland on occasion..

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            I may be interested if it is in fact a Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis Aluminum one.
                            It is in fact out of a 90/91 GM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                              It is in fact out of a 90/91 GM.

Cool. Well if you cannot strike a deal with chitownvic I'd like to be next in line.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X