Wheel spacer thickness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel spacer thickness?

I want to put 17 inch copcar rims out of 07 cv on my 80 ltd( it now has 14 inch ones) .What is the thickness of a spacers should be? Will I need longer wheel studs too?
    “Cars are the only thing on earth that will beat you, break you, make you bleed, make you cry, spend all your money, spend all your time, not work and not care that you will love more, the more they abuse you.” -Anonymous

I think the issue with the 17 inch wheels is bolt pattern not clearing components. In 2003 they changed the bolt patterns of all of the wheels for the Fords. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, they're the same pattern regardless of model. So you would need a wheel adapter. I don't know what size to which, but someone should chime in who knows...

Comment

After searching some more I found that I need 1.5 inch (hubsentric) adapters. Does anybody even makes them? The wheel fits the hub and bolt pattern is the same just offset is different.
      “Cars are the only thing on earth that will beat you, break you, make you bleed, make you cry, spend all your money, spend all your time, not work and not care that you will love more, the more they abuse you.” -Anonymous

Comment

I have run 17" 2006 Merc alloys on my Colony Park: Spacers are required to compensate for the difference in offsets from the boxes to the late-model aero's. The minimum required is 1 1/2"; a 2" in the rear helps fill out the wells a bit better. The critical issues for your spacers are that they be hub- AND wheel-centric, and that the center bore is a snug fit on your hubs: since the wheel centering is accomplished primarily by the snug fit of the wheel center seating on the hub, that issue is critical. Also, the front spacers need to be hub-centric, but not wheel-centric because the bearing grease cap protrudes too far to allow the wheel centering lip, but the wheel still centers pretty well over the protruding hub cap. I have a set of these that I might part with, if you are interested, but they are not cheap: they cost me almost $350 for 6061 billet 1 1/2" & 2" wheel spacers and lugnuts. BTW, longer studs are not required for these spacers. The 17" wheels and Michelins (about 8k miles) are also available, they have the Mercury center caps... Also, the 17" steelies are HEAVY.. I mean HEAVY, and WILL affect your steering and braking, and magnify any and all deficiencies in your suspension (shocks, ball joints, bearings, bushings.) I'm just saying...
        If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough...

Comment

Working...
        X