Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Pulled rear axle today and opened it up- there wasn't a drop of oil in it and ring and pinion ground themselves to nothing I mean the teeths was all shewed up. On the other hand what will you expect from 33 years old axle . I mistaken it for blown transmission and threw away a good fmx. O well aod it will be and on monday I will pick up 89 cv 3.08 rear axle with 11 inch drums. I think because I had fwd cars before I misdiagnosed the problem. Now I will know better what to check when buying older car. My neighbor said: if you don't make mistakes u don't learn.
    “Cars are the only thing on earth that will beat you, break you, make you bleed, make you cry, spend all your money, spend all your time, not work and not care that you will love more, the more they abuse you.” -Anonymous

No one ever thinks to check the rear fluid level. Most people never even change it. Well at least you'll have a better ratio, and a far better trans!

Comment

if you need your AOD built i suggest calling alan over at dirty dog he can hook you up right nice! link is in my sig
      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Working...
      X