No announcement yet.

Replacing Axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no need for that unless you are building something serious.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Im not but it doesn't hurt either

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        no need for that unless you are building something serious.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	mashup_the_joker_why_so_serious_curious_george_why_so_curious.png
Views:	1
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	1268859
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

mostly because I'm cheap and hate seeing people spend money on unnecessary upgrades. I'd say the same thing if someone were putting an SFI rated harmonic balancer on a stock lopo.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            mostly because I'm cheap and hate seeing people spend money on unnecessary upgrades. I'd say the same thing if someone were putting an SFI rated harmonic balancer on a stock lopo.
            SFI rated?

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
              dont have any luck with repair bearings, they always leak out of the seals
              Made in China?
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                SFI rated?
                Welcome to SFI Foundation The SFI Foundation, Inc. (SFI) is a non-profit organization established to issue and administer standards for the quality assurance of specialty performance and racing equipment. The SFI Foundation has served the automotive aftermarket and the motorsports industry since 1978. Our service to the industry is a system of developing and administering various standards, certifications and testing criteria for use in motorsports.

in a nutshell, designed sos it won't blow up and kill you while racing.

Comment

I don't know why they would leak out of the seals. Mine is a sealed bearing with grease in it. The oil doesn't lubricate the bearing like the oem bearings.
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS
                  flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

I packed my bearings with grease before I installed them. My father said that the gear oil should lubricate them and that I didn't need to do that. Oh well, whatever.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                    X