Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

84 lincoln aod not shifting into second gear. HELP! will not go into second gear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were any pressure tests done on the trans? There are 2 or 3 ports on the transmission for pressure gauges to be hooked up for diagnostic purposes, along with a whole panel of test procedures outlined in the shop manual to isolate and confirm whats going on. A valve body problem that isn't giving any pressure to the shift servo or whatever might also cause this problem. I don't know enough about transmissions to say for sure but I know theres testing that can be done to confirm a diagnosis.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      Were any pressure tests done on the trans? There are 2 or 3 ports on the transmission for pressure gauges to be hooked up for diagnostic purposes, along with a whole panel of test procedures outlined in the shop manual to isolate and confirm whats going on. A valve body problem that isn't giving any pressure to the shift servo or whatever might also cause this problem. I don't know enough about transmissions to say for sure but I know theres testing that can be done to confirm a diagnosis.
      No, no test were done. How do I do them myself?

Comment

Working...
      X