replacing brake booster and master cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing brake booster and master cylinder

Hello guys. I've got a bad brake booster on my '88 grand marquis. can someone please give me

A step by step of how to replace it. Please and thank you. P.S. the above is because of my dumbass phone sorry

Comment

basically you unbolt it and bolt the new one on. under the dash there are 4 nuts and a clip that hold the rod to the pedal assembly. Undo those, and the booster comes off the car. I'd replace the master cylinder with it. You won't have a warranty otherwise. MC has 2 nuts and the brake lines. You will of course need to bleed the brakes after.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If your brake lines are in good shape, and your not replacing the MC, you can get the booster out with out touching the brake lines.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Well you can hear hissing in the car unless you stand on the brake pedal.also the brakes are sticking and you have to pull the pedal up with your foot after you stop to keep the brakes from sticking. Also when I unhook the vacuum line to it and plugged it with my finger the idle drop from around 800 to about 550.

Comment

booster is pooched. I'd still do the master cyl with it. They don't last forever and you may as well get the warranty on the booster.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X