No announcement yet.

P/s box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats nearly as large as the factory trans cooler was. The stock PS cooler was a loop of steel line. You should be good to go with that much of a cooler up front.

A bad picture of the stock stuff. The finned item is the trans cooler, the other is the PS cooler

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Gadget. A trans cooler is on the side of my toolbox, from the same bus. And it's way bigger than the stock trans cooler. I'll snap a pic when I go into work on Monday. I was almost tempted to use that as the p/s cooler, but figured that was MAJOR overkill.

MIKE
      Last edited by PICKUP6772; 07-12-2013, 08:57 PM.

Comment

my box could use a trans cooler and PS cooler... maybe I'll get a couple of plate coolers and run some hose... eventually... some day... probably when it gets a new engine... and big brakes... someday.

Overkill is good. The more, the better in my book.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Gadget, as mentioned, I have a trans cooler. And as I said, here is a pic of it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Install that too. Your AOD will thank you.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

oooo... AOD would be in heaven with that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

A cool AOD... is a happy AOD! lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Got one on my '87 GM and it is VERY happy!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

First, the dumb question. Which line do I branch out from on the radiator? As I do not know which way the trans flows. Second, I picked up the lines that I'm going to use to plumb in the p/s cooler. I also got the 5/16" line nuts, and union for the high pressure line.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Got the lines bent up today. I used my KD master service kit. After everything was bent up to my liking, I used my Metric bubble flaring kit to make sure the line wouldn't pop off under pressure.

MIKE
                      Attached Files

Comment

A couple of more.
                        Attached Files

Comment

nice work Mike.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks good but is that upper bend kinked? Can't quite tell but it looks a little flattened in the picture.

I *think* the stock in-radiator trans cooler flow is bottom to top. Normally you'd break the return line, which I think is the upper line on the radiator. Don't hold me to that though, I really don't remember for sure and I'm being too lazy to go pop the hood on my car and look at how the factory did it.

Comment

It did get a little flattened, but not kinked. 3/8" line is a pain to bend. If I hadn't gotten the poly coat, I would have heated it up first. Thanks, Dave. It's been a slow process, as we've been busy as hell with this heat. We transport challenged individuals, and the a/c's must be working all the time. This heat wave has been a bitch. BTW Dave, I called the guy on the fender. Still waiting to hear back.

MIKE

Comment

okay no worries. I am not motivated to do a thing in this heat. lol
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X