Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She Creaks Like A Wooden Galleon

Rightio.

So my car's suspension creaks and groans whenever the vehicle shifts weight - specifically whenever turning and even stopping and going.

It's not the spring coils.

Anyone know what it might be, and should I be worried?

Ball joints mang, ball joints. I would think.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Check the idler arm

Comment

The idler arm?...

Comment

steering bar support that isn't the steering box.

body mount bushings may also do this as they will compress and the bolt may rub with enough movement.

I need to inspect mine as well... I found the squeak, but I still haven't found the groan.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

When was the last time you greased the front end parts?
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              When was the last time you greased the front end parts?
              The last it happened was 16 September 2013 at about 9:00am...

Comment

SO it last happened 3 days from now? I thought you had a Mercury, not a DeLorean.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

He better be careful not to mess with space time continuum ....
                  2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I scheduled an appointment to get it investimigated on Monday.

Although, I wouldn't mind a flux capacitor for the car...

Comment

It has to be able to reach 88 mph though. You guys have metric speed up there. Can't happen.

Comment

You forget about the 76 Ford LTD that has an MPH speedometer. I'll simply install the flux capacitor on it instead.

Win.

Comment

Seriously though, I'm told it could be that I need to replace all 200,000 bushings on the car.

Comment

Control arm bushings or ball joints.

'93 T-bird
                            '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                            '88 Mark VII
                            '86 CV

Comment

Not to sound like a dick, but as often as you're at the mechanic, you'd think he'd be checking this stuff instead of you having to ask us for suggestions on what to tell him to look at.

Comment

Working...
                              X