Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brake lines affecting wheel alignment???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EITHER WAY, IM NOT GOING BACK TO THAT SHOP, HE TOLD ME THE ALIGNMENT IS , SPOT ON. I just needed to change the rubber brake hoses.

I still figure it might be brake realted, cause the pullings gets accentuated when you hit the brakes
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
      When all the front end stuff was bad on my 89 it would feel like it would pull to one side...
      To clarify, going down the road was fine, the pull to one side wasn't noticeable until braking. Now that doesn't mean that your problem is with any of the steering parts, but it is a possibility (only if the first shop missed a worn part, which shouldn't happen).
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

It still oulls to the left (a little), but when you hit the brakes, it is very noticeable

I just find it odd to be steering parts when I changed parts in the braking system

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
        -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

*pulls not oulls

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
          -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

If the brakes are causing the drag to pull while riding along, you should notice a difference when free spinning the front wheels. Get the front end off the ground and see if the driver's side has more drag then the passenger's side.
            sigpic
            89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
            13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
            "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

I'd wager control arm bushings are shot.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                I'd wager control arm bushings are shot.
                guaranteed if they're a decade or 3 old, but will that really cause this problem? Mine are shot and the one part about the brakes and steering that is nice is is tracks straight under hard braking.

It's probably worth doing anyway. At this point you should just be fixing EVERYTHING steering and braking related that is suspect.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

if they have a little support left, they will shift under braking. I've had that issue with both my 88 and the 93.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I have looked at my bushings and they seemed to be fine, no major cracks, no chunks missing, etc

But, yes I do feel a little more drag on the drivers side rotor than my passenger side rotor when I turn it

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                    -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

If it's enough drag to cause a pull when driving, take off the caliper and see if it goes away.
                      sigpic
                      13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                      "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

ok, will do, if it doesn that, than that would mean the caliper is bad???? This is a new caliper though. Maybe the pads are bad??

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                        -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I can't say for sure without being there. Maybe the caliper isn't releasing all the way? While it's off can you exchange it under warranty?
                          sigpic
                          13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l

Comment

could the pads just be bad???

I will look at the car..

I know, I have heard of new parts going bad, but this is just ridiculous!

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                            -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Working...
                            X