Sounds like...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like...

Change jingling in my passenger front when I hit a bump. Any ideas why?
    1987 Grand Marquis LS (GONE!)
    1990 Grand Marquis GS

I like to go fast

Check the clips on the brake pads. My '92 had a noise like that. One of the clips was broken.

My dad's 91 has that going on too on the drivers side somewhere. Still haven't figured it out. Body mount bolt maybe?
    1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

If you still have the wire wheel covers that I see in pics of your 90 MGM, those center caps can sometimes rattle or even get small stones in them that cause a rattle.
      I don't think the sound is quite what you're describing, so it might not be the wheel covers, but it's something to consider.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

This is very true. I've actually taken mine apart and retightened/rebuilt them. You can also polish them better while you're in there.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I'll look into it. Thanks guys
          1987 Grand Marquis LS (GONE!)
          1990 Grand Marquis GS

I like to go fast

Comment

Working...
          X