Big Brake upgrade swaybar option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Brake upgrade swaybar option

I came across a post that when you do the "big brake" upgrade (putting 02 stuff on an 87) then you can use the 02 front sway bar... Can anyone confirm this?! First I've seen this and I have been looking into this for a couple years.
    1987 Crown Vic 313hp/365trq
    2004 #232 Trilogy Marauder 470hp/480trq

Yes, if you do the big brake swap, you can put the 02 CVPI or HPP front bar on the car. You can also keep your current bar or upgrade to a box CVPI front bar.

Comment

yep. You swap the control arms and the frame is basically the same anyway, so it leaves you with everything the newer bar bolts up to.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Yep, although a 92-02 Addco (biggest and best front sway bar you can buy) will bolt on to the stock lower control arms (it uses the old style end links).
        The factory 95?-02 front bars uses the ball and socket style end links and attach to the spindle.
        Last edited by pantera77; 07-25-2014, 10:57 AM.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

92-02. My 93 uses that spindle mounted thing too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks folks! Perfect! Makes finding the sway bar much easier with going to the later style!
            1987 Crown Vic 313hp/365trq
            2004 #232 Trilogy Marauder 470hp/480trq

Comment

I think the later bar handles a little flatter too for it's size. Less deflection in the endlinks. They are more expensive though. I never changed mine out to a later bar, but it would be a matter of bolting one up at this point. Just make sure you know what year your spindles are from so you get the right endlinks. 95-02 spindles work, but I'm not positive there was no change to the endlink in that time frame.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X