A-arm problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A-arm problem

I have been going through tie rod ends,about four in the last two years. I've had it aligned twice.

In the spirit of a gmn member that is the only job I farmed out. (the alignment)

Upon close inspection it appears that the lower ball joint drivers side is moving slightly in the a arm.

I feel I know the answer to this question but will an a arm off an 86 tc fit on my 89 Cv?

Headed to the yard if answer is yes.
    1989 crown Vic daily driver 165k and counting!
    1987 MGM 49xxx mi awaiting light resto

I would say yes. All the same from 79-91. Police models are different in the bushing area.

Comment

Yes. Same arm. The cop lower arms in the box era I think are the same too. Even if they are not, the only difference is the size of one of the bushings. It will physically interchange into the frame though.

Change the bushings while you're doing this, and inspect the arm on the other side closely. Do those bushings too.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks for the replies
        1989 crown Vic daily driver 165k and counting!
        1987 MGM 49xxx mi awaiting light resto

Comment

Working...
        X