Ride height/Wheel size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ride height/Wheel size

Is there any options to lowering my town coupe without chopping the springs? Id like to save some of the ride quality.

Next is wheels. Im beyond lost with wheel specs. Im looking to buy some soft 8's or d windows. All im sure of is I'd like them to be a 17", as wide a possible tucked in the rear, and have a lip (Lug nuts not sticking out). Im trying to place the order today so I can enjoy my car at some point before I go back to my command.

Thanks

Example

Last edited by Blackcoupe80; 08-05-2014, 04:00 PM.

the same options for any 79-2002 CV/GM pretty much, but you'll want a little stiffer spring up front for the heft of the longer nose/hood.

as for wheels... offset 0 is what you want. If you get 9" wide (technically you can go 10 in the rear, but if you want to be able to rotate up front, you'll need 9) backspacing should be 4.5 IIRC. This will keep the lugs very well behind the edge of the wheel. I have the info on a post-it at home about what model mustang (late 60s) is a direct match and there's suspension info posted in one of the stickies..

Springs: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post132200
    wheels: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...85-Wheel-specs

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The springs are physically smaller than oem? The stiffer in the front would raise it wouldn't it? For shock anything 67-81 Camaro will bolt up?

The 4.5 IIRC is the same as 5x4.5?

Comment

4.5" backspace on a 9" wide wheel or 0 offset, it basically means the wheel mounts in the center of the hoop, not a reference to lug spacing(5×4.5). The springs are shorter and stiffer, should drop the ride height but still support the front end well.
        1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

For wheels go with aluminum for less weight and faster brake heat dissipation.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
          X