Frame Lenghts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
    I know for one they have an extra brace at the front and rear of the frame, which all 92+ have
    At the frame horns, or the diagonal brace from the back of the torque boxes to the frame rails under the front doors?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

The police frames had heavier tranny xmember bolted direct to the frame without rubber mounts. The frame also had some stronger frame sections
      which are stamped with HD on them. Not sure if all pieces of the frame are HD(heavy duty). Police frames were only available for police un units.
      Although rumour has a few employee cars did receive a police frame.
      sigpic
      79 Bronco XLT 129000kms
      88 LTD Crown Victoria wagon LX 223000kms
      03 Expedition XLT 256000kms
      06 Escape XLT 188000kms
      09 Focus SE 132000kms
      13Escape SEL 63000kms

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post
        Correct... tow package vehicles got a heavier frame. "HD" is stamped on the frame in the rear wheel arches. normal production vehicles got a standard frame, "STD" is stamped on the frame in the rear wheel arches.

Just to touch on this, I'm pretty positive even the HD tow package cars got the standard frame. Both my 87 and 91 wagons were factory "HD" tow package cars, and both have standard frames. I'd have to assume HD tow package sedans used regular frames as well.

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Not that much lincoln info in this thread about frame lengths, so I thought I would add. 4 door lincoln town car's, 2 door town coupe's, and 4 door Mark VI all have the same wheel base and should have the same frame. The 2 door mark VI has the shorter wheel base which is the same as the grand marquis. But does the grand marquis and mark VI share the same frame? I will have to measure my 2 door's frame and compare.

Comment

Working...
          X